Last night's storm

Roylewaa

Last night, hailstorm, some the size of ping pong balls, proper solid bits of ice

Zafira is even worse, had to make an insurance Claim on the damage, guy over the road had his windscreen smashed

Didnt have hail, but heavy rain. What we did have though was the most extreme thunder and lightning I have ever seen in my life!!! Gayle and me were lying there (Gayle loving every minute of the lightning and wanting to go outside!!!!) and it was right above the house at one point!! Lasted for around an hour. The following photo was taken by someone from a house up the road from me on the opposite side of the street. The cottages in the silhouette.........my house is around 300 yards to the left of them!!!!!

post-2844-0-74295800-1435848264_thumb.jppost-2844-0-40089200-1435848275_thumb.jp

Epic stuff!

• Like 1

Wow great pics.

I've only ever seen lighting like that once when I was working at a REM festival at Loch lomond. Was fooking insane was asleep in a tent when it started.

• Like 1

Yeah, mega scary, but exciting as hell too! Wish I could take credit for the photos,but its a guy whos a photographer that took them. Bloody amazing photos, wish I'd thought to get the camera out, but fear the shots from under the bed would probably not looked as good! lol