MB3 civic No.5 sold :(

VTISmichael

Coilovers came, in a bit of a state, feel a bit ripped off, all the threads are rusty, all the rubber boots are knackered, the top hat bushes are shot, doing my best to de-rust the threads, had a go at undoing one of the 2 locking rings and they did move a bit but thats not good, i was given coilovers before & the rings had been in the same place for so long that the rings had to be smashed off as it was solid!

No spanners either, he said they were damper adjustable but i cant see how they can be adjusted, i texted earlier today and asked how to do it and no reply yet...

Got the last 2 weeks off next month, will be fitting all the parts i got :D

just watched a vid how they are adjusted, will check them tomorrow, been reseaching how to release stuck rings, looks like heat them up and hit them round, i hope they dont break, they are £45 each new.

Small update, got the rear rings off but the fronts are solid, will have to cut them off, ordered a load of new bits, 4 x rubber boots, C spanners and 2 x front spring rings which in total cost more than the coilovers themselves!! :x got the them from Japshop, they do a gd range of spings in different weights, could be worth getting stronger/weaker springs will have to do my research on what setup works best.

Found out my rear arb is 16mm, listing said mg zs/45, i cant be bothered to send it back but i want the 20mm really soo ive order polybush mounts, new drop links for it, also from Rimmerbros i got new front arb rubber mounts, 8 x bushes that 4 aside! :shock:

I think in 2 weeks ill order my new tyres, seen blackcirles doing falken's for £55 each not bad all around a gd tyre from what i remember.....

Coilovers bits came and rear arb links, coilovers are done now, threads greased and ready to go on!

Modded the C spanner fits better now and i think only the rear shocks are damper adjustable hmm..

2015-08-05%2018.53.11.jpg2015-08-05%2018.53.16.jpg2015-08-05%2018.53.42.jpg2015-08-05%2019.55.22.jpg2015-08-05%2019.55.40.jpg

• Like 1