My MB2 sport, Now Running sweet!

skitzma8

• 3 weeks later...

Well things haven't been going too well with my little MB.. The car is throwing P0171 system too lean bank 1 and P0170 fuel trim bank 1 malfunction, the car lacks a lot of power and is bogging down badly to the point where I have to be gentle with the accelerator to make the car drive, the car hits redline at 5k and falls on its face, just seems like the fuel cuts off

This is what I've done to try and solve the issue. I've changed the, fuel filter, injectors, both O2 sensors, genuine CAT, dizzy, dizzy cap, coil, rotor arm, HT leads, spark plugs, air filter, map sensor, IACV, cleaned TPS, checked for air leaks, may have missed a few things out... But yeah what ever I do isn't helping and its costing me a decent bit a money! Anyone got any ideas as I'm confused.

Car wouldn't start for me today, turned out the petrol ran out, the petrol light didn't come on and the needle was sitting above empty, I topped up a Jerry can and put it in the car, she started more or less streight away, I really am starting to think it's the fuel pump! because the car was ok the last time I drove it no signs of it running low on fuel, also it seems the car has a hard time starting when under 1/4 full. Fuel pressure test this week I think! What numbers should I be looking for?

image_zpsnvdqpal2.jpg I took my car to jamtec yesterday and I think they found the problem, the fuel is dirty I don't know from what at the minute, and there isn't enough fuel pressure at the rail, and there's no fuel getting to the fuel pressure regulator

They disconnected the pipe from the fuel pressure regulator and turned the ignition on, fuel squirted out, but when the car is running no fuel is coming to the regulator, he said the fuel should be there at 40psi but I havnt got 40 psi