MB6 VTi Birmingham

DanialA11

Cams are a very good mod indeed, is there any paper work about it?

I think the only real way to check would be to get the rocker cover off and look at them, though I'm not sure how you can tell what they are by looking at them? If it's had the other parts changed that they say it has and was remapped you'd expect the rev limiter to have been raised too I'd have thought?

Not been mapped guy I bought it was was mento get it mapper before he decided to sell.

There's no paper work all visual 2nd hand ebay purchases I would assume,, the couple brand new items thag are on the car are documented e.g manifold springs engine dress up shocks and so on

I'll have to have a search and find out how to recognise the cams but I did have a little play (3 runs) with my mates mb6 vtis last night and was pulling away from him nice as soon as the tec kicked in ...

His car has more or less same mods (induction kit, lowered, 4-1 manifold with a custom exhaust)

Mine has a 4-2-1 and separate bolted on exhaust bits and is blowing from down pipe slightly.

You can check cams take rocker off and the end cam retainer and you can check what cams are fitted. Yes it would give more power if mapped.

But that dyno printout has been made to give a good reading. As I said further up your wheel horse power is 136.5hp. 15% loss through transmission.