Car covers any good?

h4mza

Question

I took my MB6 off road for winter 2 weeks ago and due to horrible windy and wet weather all week, I've noticed water leak from drivers A pillar and bottom of boot. I don't really have the time to check it and thought I'd put a cover on it as I won't drive the car until March/April time. The car will be parked outside in my drive as I don't have a garage :( I would like to know if anyone has used these car covers from eBay and whether they are good and strong? I don't want it to fly off in strong winds lol. 

4 answers to this question

I got mine for the mb6 and the deck tailor made, and both are excellent fit and quality. They're double lined, so soft fleece on the inside, but not weather proof (as The deck lives in the garage ;-) Got them made by "specialized car covers", who also make waterproof ones too. Cost is around £250 mark though!

Halfords do decent ones too mate for a fraction of the price. I think Alex (Chandler) also has a cover for the deck, so might be worth asking what his is like too.

All car covers apart from very expensive ones can trap moisture between the sheet and paint work.

My uncle has a Chrisler Avenger Tiger (one of only 200 in yellow ever made) it was freshly black from a £15k restoration and it was under a very expensive car cover. The wind was moving it very slightly...

Rubbed the paint off the bit where it was flapping!

Ouch!!!!

Basically better to store it in shelter.

My uncle has a Chrisler Avenger Tiger (one of only 200 in yellow ever made)

One of my fav cars!!! They look amazing! I had an Avenger years ago, 1.5, was my plan to do a replica but then went and sold it. Is it not a Hillman Avenger tho Tom? Think the Chrysler ones are the facelifted ones, didnt think they did a Tiger version of those ones. Has it got the "Hockey stick" rear lights? Get some pics of it if you can bud, would love to see it!