Who's interested in a VTi Aerodeck for nowt?

iem

Hi

I have a 98 VTi Aerodeck in silver that's been sat on my drive for about a year. As much I love the car it needs a few hundred spending on it and I have another car so I need to get rid. 

I've owned the car for some years and drove it daily for a couple of years, then parked it up while I drove around in a van, then put it back on the road for 8 months or so and it's been parked up since then - about 11 months or so. It's got three keys including the red one.

It's got loads of history and documentation. It's bog-standard with a genuine 125k on the clock; it runs very well and it doesn't burn oil. I think I had the cam belt done when I put it back on the road last time, oh and I had a new windscreen fitted to get it through the MOT. It's got some of the usual issues, like ABS sensors and I think the n/s rear wheel bearing needs replacing, there's a horrible rattle from what seems to be a loose heat shield somewhere. It needs 4 tyres - the offside rear is flat but will probably hold air for long enough to tow it away. It won't start without a decent battery, the one on it has run totally flat and is unlikely to recover.

So, I either scrap it which I really don't want to, or I pass it on Free Of Charge to someone who will pick it up and take it away to a new life! 

I'm in south Manchester. Can you help? 

Cheers,

Iain

• Like 2

Hi Ian. I'd love to take on this, but don't have the room here at the moment. But thanks for offering this to the club members, very generous mate. I'm sure it will find a home on here.

Regarding contact, if you have your notifications set correctly then you should get an email advising you have a new PM here in civic5. ;-)

First off....fair dues to Iain for offering a car that can easily be fixed by a DIY enthusiast :)

Craig,  have you considered hiring a car transporter ?   http://www.pgtrailerhirescotland.co.uk/car-transporter.html

BTW a bottle of Scotland's finest should put a well deserved smile on Iain's face.

• Like 1