My new MB6!

jalesi2001

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha ha, i told her i need these as you dont want dodgy brakes now do you??? :lol:

@sparco, my side repeaters are Genuine Honda items from a '99 Accord mate....well, one side is, the other side is from a rover i think!! When i replace my wing i have another Accord repeater fitted so they will match!! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well done a few more things since my last entry!! Talking of changing my wing, i have finally done this now, but i haven't washed her so i haven't got any pics of the finished product, but heres a few pics of her with the old wing off...

dscf0177.jpg

dscf0179.jpg

dscf0181.jpg

I also de-badged the rear tailgate, but left the '1.8VTI' badge on for now...

dscf0176.jpg

Re-gassed my A/C...

dscf0173.jpg

And also fitted my new grill....this had taken me nearly two weeks, and im fairly chuffed with the outcome, considering it was done in my garage with rattle cans!! Heres a pic of most of the stages....(pic heavy...!!)

Ok, heres the badge and surround once sanded down..

dscf0145.jpg

dscf0144.jpg

Then after a few coats of primer...

dscf0147.jpg

dscf0146.jpg

Then some Pirates Black paint thrown at it!!

dscf0151.jpg

dscf0155.jpg

While i was doing that, i took apart my spare grill...

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

Then attempted cutting my very thick (too thick really) mesh...

DSC00088.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

It got a bit more trimmed than that in the end!!

Then as I was waiting for the laquer to dry on my painted bits, i ran the car like this for a few days....Grill Mark 1 :lol:

dscf0170.jpg

dscf0172.jpg

Then the day finally came, it all went together, and i decided at the last minute to not fit the H badge, i went for a red badge instead to match my rear red badge. I still have the PB H if i decide to change it at a later date... Heres the finished grill fitted, im quite chuffed for a first attempt, what do you guys rekon???

DSC00094.jpg

DSC00093.jpg

The goodridge brakelines didn't fit by the way, the rears were to short, i think Blames went for ITR hoses so I will get some of them one of these days!! Also need a new handbrake cable, that'll be fitted this weekend, along with some calipers from Rich... ;) Oh and some new Brake Fluid!!

dscf0175.jpg

dscf0174.jpg

When i give her a wash i will post some better shots.... More stuff to follow!!

:o You have been busy!!! The grill looks amazing on there mate, really changes the whole look of the car. Glad you finally got the new wing on lol, at long last! I'm dying to see this when you come up here for the meet.

well adam what can i say looking sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet hope your otherhalf did not mind you spending a lot of time out on her :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: you got grill on before mine :lol::lol: well done she really coming together :D:D

aint been on here for a while but i gota say the subtle mods to your car making a big difference mate...the grill looks kinda wicked actually....i shoudlve done that instead of just spraying it all (the cheaper and more time effiecient way) lol....cars look mint though :)

Archived