M4rkvtis' MB6 lowered

m4rkvti-s

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.... what can i say, winter happened. I live in the sticks and the snow was pretty deep. So i kept the car off the road for a week. I then cleared the snow off the car and winter proofed it, i sealed the wheels and applied rain x anti mist to the interior windows and then used rain x windscreen washer additive to the screenwash. I now had tackled the Ms anoying misting habit and had clear vision all around and my volks were also protected from the elements. But not my locks! One night it was so bad WD40 and carefull wiggling of the key resulted in it snapping in the lock. I then realised i didnt have a spare! I also don't have a log book. (bought the car in an unloved state in a quick sale)Which meant i couldn't get a new key from Honda!! Honda wanted £450 to put a new ignition and lock set in and as a last resort i tried to get a key cut from the remains of the broken one. Low and behold it worked. However the civic had now sat 2 weeks, so was dead. I jumped it and took it out, pulled and handled fantastically as always. But then as i waited at traffic lights i noticed a knocking sound. So as my mate put it my car now 'sounds like a bag of spanners'! I think its maybe big end bearings the noise is coming from under the rocker cover i think. Going to garage tomorrow. Then hopefully normal service shall be resumed.

Archived