New E10 fuel

jocky2k

On 2/10/2022 at 11:21 PM, AJCivic said:

Few months ago I noticed a difference straight away after getting E10 a couple of times. When trying to start the car it would really struggle and take longer to fire up. Sometimes this happens slightly when I'm on less than 1/4 tank of fuel (probably just old fuel pump but you get used to it) and this went on for a week or two, but it was also around the start of winter with weather getting cold, so I couldn't be sure. Also felt sluggish.

Ever since then I've been using E5, firstly V Power but lately Texaco super unleaded (garage round the corner from me sells it and also the only place around with a premium diesel too!) And no problems, car fires up straight away even during the colder weather. I did top up with some E10 the other day after already having 1/2 tank of premium in, and no problems. That might be an option considering the ridiculous fuel prices! 

Yeah, Gayle and I both said that if we were ever in an area where the only fuel was E10 then we would at least try and dilute it with a half tank of E5. Lucky not had to do that, and obviously Mindy has now gone so only DD that really needs the E5. BUUUT........even though the MINI and the Juke can run on it no probs, we are still using super unleaded for all our cars. Top hell with taking the chance of causing damage, crap fuel economy and possible fuel pipe damage.