d16z6 conversion into mb6 help

Junior92

Hi all, been a while since I've been on the forums, not sure if people still use them but I'll try my luck anyway.

So I have an mb6 vti in which the original b18c4 engine was removed due to bottom end knock. I stored the car away until I find a replacement engine. Fast forward 2 years, progress has been really slow due to covid, losing job etc other commitments in life so I've been driving eg civic which was d16z6 auto, I recently broke the car due to failing mot on rust.

Still not able to get a replacement b18c4 engine due to too much going on in life, I came up with an idea what if I do d16z6 swap in mb6, I know it sounds silly but it's not a hard swap considering it is obd 1 vtec and I just wanted to get the car moving as I hated it been sat there doing nothing.

So I actually went and fitted the d16z6 into the mb6. Was pretty much an easy swap, got the car started too. Only issue is the speed sensor plug does not fit because it is for auto and now I've got manual gearbox. I used the manual gearbox from mb2 and used clutch and flywheel. However I have an issue with the car not engaging into gear. I'm able to select gears but the car won't move, not even at bite point, doesn't even stall if I let off clutch pedal in gear. Would this be due to using a used clutch kit because I'm sure I was told I can use it. It was only meant to be a temp solution until I get the car moted and sort everything else out and then do a proper build such as turbo.

I really hate having to take off the gearbox again and possibly again to fit uprated clutch kit depending car passes mot. What could be the issue?