MC1 Aerodeck Spec-up

samwell

Had my 'deck about 14months now, bought as a lastminute cheap runaround. Paid £800 when my mini died one day, never expected to still have it but its been fairly good to me. It started life as a granny spec 1.6ls with cream interior and lacking handling.

S6300084.jpg

S6300087.jpg

Mechanically it's incredibly well sorted, in the time I've owned it I've fitted new clutch, 4 new toyo proxes, new pads all round, new discs at the front, bled the brakes.

Upgrade wise is got an mgzs180 rear arb and front shocks, vti half leather interior (almost) including door cards but still missing boot floor and roof lining doesn't match and fitted front strut brace (just the factory one).

I have retrimmed the b pillars in black vynil as i forgot them with the rest of the interior which is probably my fave mod.

32bba82ec420413e8e09fc2d87d5a720.jpg

and fitted

b016cdfc26164e25a4758a80c86426a9.jpg

btw, the pictures exagerate the imperfections, they look great to the eye. Easy to do too. I think the a pillar trims are going to get a similar treatment next.

Had a pain fitting the rear seats to the point where i'm still doing it.

6a80ab144f8f4e34bd322dff95edfc6e.jpg

Top half brakcet holes were smaller so needed drilling and latch was also smaller so it need redrilling to fit. Whyyyyyyyy?

Will try and get some completed shots now the car is lower but its gonna get lower this week if i can find the time.

Sam

• 2 weeks later...

Got bored and decided to make it lower. kinda of regretting but its still usable. It kinda needs some wheels or something doing with the steelies?

499b5b11ae174b12909ffc14e3b9094b.jpg

309e8e95d0314092ad92213e56a2fcb1.jpg

what do people think to painting the steels cream? i know its unusual but im just trying to make this thing interesting

You could spray the wheels gloss black, then mask them up and do the rims silver (like how you get black wheels/polished lip).

Or spray them white? If you have a full set of matching tyres (that are a decent make) you could also try doing the lettering on the tyres white, to lift them a bit. this looks good on black rims. I wouldnt paint them cream myself though.

Not really a lot more you can do with steels tbh.

I am constantly tempted with wheels, apart from the outlay its annoying as I have 4 brand new toyo proxes on the steels so i'd wanna stick to 14s and there's not alot of interesting stuff in that size. without being funny, there's something to be said for running halfords wheels

I figures painting is something to do which can always be undone.

Archived