D15z8 vtec testing

Mp3civic

Hi im new to the forum proud owner of a red MB3 vtec-e from Sweden slmost rust free execpt key hole for the trunk.

i was a owner of the same car for a few years back and i remember that there is an econo light that is green for better gas consumption.

in my civic now the green light never appeara during drive. Only when i start up the car when all the dash lights light up and goes away.

im suspecting my vtec isnt working properly ( no CEL ) i tried to rev the car out and i feel an ” light omph ” with vtec.  But whats bothering me is my gas mileage sucks cuz the green light isnt working properly.

i tried ohm testing the vtec. I unplugged the cable used the cable from the solenoid and ground it to body of vtec same as car metal but no readings there. I might do it wrong but i need help to test it properly and what the testing acutally means. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Wanted to update my scenario, reason why i had no CEL is because the previous owner removed the bulb i inserted a new bulb and got code 7 ( TPS sensor ) i bought a new one and calibrated it and now the vtec-e works. the other factor was that my air intake was ruptured and they had taped it before to hold, now i got a new one from the scrapyard and now the vtec-e works.

i asked my local honda dealer and that person said that the vtec-e goes on vaccum and vtec-e solenoid.

• Like 1