My Mb6 vti-s update 02/04

Gav_ek4

teg front shocks are on, new outer cvs and inner cv bearings and new boots,new ball joints, just need some new top camber arm bushes and wishbone bushes and all will be good at the front, diffrence in handling with the teg fronts on is unreal nd the stance is about perfect, tyres are about 5mm below the arch

found a few dodgy bits i will need to sort...missing drivers side torque mount...2 bolts missing out the l bracket on the back of the block and 2 bolts missing out the post mount on the timing belt side so will need to replace them but hey ho

still cant figure out whats up with the abs, sensors all appear ok, light comes on and off as it should but the abs does nothing :?: anyone have any ideas?

G

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i genuinly believe uzy did not know just how bad it was either...its a good car but needs some tlc to bring it back

just been out and fitted the passenger shaft...old cv was a mess but i think the boots been burst for a while,

also fitted my red carpet...which i love, i reckon i could be the first to have a red carpet fitted to an mb as honda never offered it as an option in this country

Gav thats some nice mods you got there and the red crpet idea will look ace in the MB6. What I don't get is your hoping for 190-200BHP with the mods you have but I was expecting more. The standard B18c4 engine produces 167BHP. If you upgrade the full exhaust (manifold to back box) this should give you easily 15BHP (supersprint proved that by just using a 2" system). That takes you to 182BHP.

Adding a K&N panel filter should give you 2-3BHP so thats you upto 185BHP. Next the P72 which has the more aggresive map designed for the Teg GSR. This should give you 10BHP, so thats you upto 195BHP. I would have thought with DC2 cams and further internal improvements you would be breaking the 200BHP barrier. Maybe not by much but you should?

Its still a cracking car you got their that will scare quite a few folk on the road. :twisted:

cars seems to getting on good man. i personally would have kept the speedlines on. but each to their own.

as for the bits and bobs wrong with it, i had no idea untill you called me up about it. i paid to get work done and it wasnt done according to your inspections.

just keep the updates going 8-)

Photo0039.jpg

Photo0040.jpg

had a rolling road done and its running 188bhp at the moment with just the teg cams and the standard management so there is plenty more to come...im now aiming for over 200 horses :twisted: if and when it blows up i have a b20 sitting in the garage and a ge vtec conversion kit

few pictures for your viewing pleasure after a wee going over witht the zymol :D

Archived