creaking front wheel

dr_broon

quick update, was at revolution through the week getting a new tyre (puncture... grrr) and asked them to give it a good check coz I was getting concerned. they reckon that it's dry bushes and squacked a load of wd40 on them.

the creak did disapear for a few days but slowly came back, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was.

i've got a sneaky suspision that over eager jet washing won't have helped (especially polish) :roll:

I'm thinking it might be time to get some new bushes going on.. she's got 139k on her now so would probably freshen the ride quite a bit, but I'm torn between going for powerflex or replacing with honda ones - anyone got an idea on if there's much price difference?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice one John... was leaning that way tbh, just from the fact that the ride's pretty stiff withe the eibach / koni combo anyway.

btw - did try the top mounts trick, and thought it'd sorted it, but it cane back next day... seems like even just having the wheel off the ground for a bit works until everything compresses back down... plus couldn't resist a cheeky squirt of oil onto the bushes for good measure while the wheel was off :lol:

had the wheel off to have a spy earlier (and fit new arch liner) and there's so much perished rubber back there christ knows which one's causing it :lol:

anyone got an idea how much a set of bushes from honda will set you back?

maybee £200+!! just put in good after market not of ebay from good parts place mate, ask few shops, where& who they deal with !near you ect.

TBH mate, I'd buy new wishbones and LCA's :)

Sounds extreme, but think of the overall job cost, buying bushes & labour for replacing bushes.

£72 for a wishbone, with new bushes already in, or £15-£20 per bush, plus labour to remove wishbone, then each bush, then insert new ones. Bushes can be a pig too!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FCA5929-RH-Lower- ... 2562512b59

I'd go the easy route ;)

TBH mate, I'd buy new wishbones and LCA's :)

Sounds extreme, but think of the overall job cost, buying bushes & labour for replacing bushes.

£72 for a wishbone, with new bushes already in, or £15-£20 per bush, plus labour to remove wishbone, then each bush, then insert new ones. Bushes can be a pig too!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FCA5929-RH-Lower- ... 2562512b59

I'd go the easy route ;)

Liking your thinking John...

Don't suppose MG have the same set up? I know one in a local scrappie that might get some more scavenging done.... :D

Archived