creaking front wheel

dr_broon

mine went creak today so it look's like i shall be spannering on saturday, so on top of 1 knackered track rod end and 1 with slight play, i shall also be doing 2 bottom ball joint's, shoud of known better, it's pay day soon.........

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was getting very similar noises from my suspension; a creaking when pulling away. I'd had the suspension checked over a week previous & everything got the OK except the upper ball joints which had slight play. After fitting my new camber arms it's gone completely so I'd agree with james' last post - either the rubber bushings or the ball joint are worn - a good excuse to buy some adjustable camber arms methinks!!

• 1 month later...
pretty sure that it was this one Jon

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Honda ... d8c&000019

Cheers Simon, so its the lower ones. I might replace them both to be on the safe side. Do you know how much of the suspension needs to be taken off to do this? Also i heard they need to be pressed out or pressed in, does that sound about right?

not sure but the garage i took it to struggled ti get the old one off. I think my driver side one's on the way now so well worth getting both done at the same time :)

Archived