Time for a little update:

New cam seal

IMG_20110827_134703.jpg

shinyyy

Old one looks like someone had a bite of it :P

IMG_20110828_125845.jpg

New one fitted:

IMG_20110828_125851.jpg

Also while on it cleaned and replaced vtec solenoid gaskets. Sprayed it as well with some silver vht

IMG_20110828_131212.jpg

Also got some cheap oil and filter and will run it for 20 mins than drain and what goes in next is motul 6100+ 10w40, hamp oil filter, ngk spark plugs and magnetic sump plug. SHould get the o2 sensor tomorrow as well.

Thanks for the comments. Im constantly not happy with the engine bay. There is a lot that can be done for this clean look.

As per the oil Ive heard its quite good for the price. Especially that I got it from opie oils this weekend and its was like 20% off and additional 5% off for C5 membership 1"£££$££"

I've replaced my oil today with some cheap morisons stuff and a wilco oil filter and nice shiny magnetic sump plug. Cant believe how much easier it is with b20 bottom end and blox intake manifold. I thought Ill be struggling with the H brace on the jack but the sump you can easily reach by taking off the wheel and you can remove the oil filter from the top without any problem.

Will run it for 10 miles or so to clean the crap away and the good stuff is going in tomorrow with the hamp filter and new spark plugs.

sump.jpg

Also gave it a clean and polish with auto glym super resin polish. Looks well ;P

How different the paintwork looks in the sun and when it's cloudy. Need to drop the back and it will be spot on :P

IMG_20110831_192350.jpg

Thanks for the comments. Im constantly not happy with the engine bay. There is a lot that can be done for this clean look.

As per the oil Ive heard its quite good for the price. Especially that I got it from opie oils this weekend and its was like 20% off and additional 5% off for C5 membership 1"£££$££"

I've replaced my oil today with some cheap morisons stuff and a wilco oil filter and nice shiny magnetic sump plug. Cant believe how much easier it is with b20 bottom end and blox intake manifold. I thought Ill be struggling with the H brace on the jack but the sump you can easily reach by taking off the wheel and you can remove the oil filter from the top without any problem.

Will run it for 10 miles or so to clean the crap away and the good stuff is going in tomorrow with the hamp filter and new spark plugs.

sump.jpg

Also gave it a clean and polish with auto glym super resin polish. Looks well ;P

How different the paintwork looks in the sun and when it's cloudy. Need to drop the back and it will be spot on :P

IMG_20110831_192350.jpg

Archived