slammed b20 deck /gone now/

prezes

Just got back...

Had the car mapped but there's a problem. It made 180 hp but Darren at DNR already knew something is wrong. He checked timing, intake etc. Everything in the engine but nothing wrong there. It seems there something wrong with the exhaust. It blown 500 yards from the garage, they've fixed it but there is a problem and it's causing a blockage or something. Darren is sure that it will make 200 at least.

He's taking the car on Monday and he's going to check the exhaust and find the problem then tune. Yet again absolutely fantastic service from DNR. He doesn't have anything to do with the exhaust. he's not fitted it or anything.

Have to say though that it feels really strong at 180 hp. I left disappointed but smile came back very soon. It goes like stink and picks up superbly from quite low rpm.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 day kiddo...1 day...could be the exhaust has collapsed inside..its like wire wool used to dampen the sound....everytime you rev the engine it blows the wire wool and causes the blockage hence no flow...but on idling and low revs everything runs fine....im sure youll get it sorted, naz.

It's not a secret :)

Details of the built:

b20b block with less then 50k miles

new cambelt

new waterpump

new tensioner

new head gasket

new cam seals and valve stem oil seals

DNR conversion kit

minor refacing skim to the head

new oil pump

new ecu

dyno tune

b18c4 head used with all the original ancillaries.

Total price for the build £1850 with a discount for paying cash.

Now the breakdown of the prices:

B20 Block - £500

DNR conversion kit - £150

ARP head studs - £110

Cambelt and tensioner kit - £65

Waterpump - £35

Engine oil - £30

Oil filter - £10

Gearbox OIl - £15

Coolant - £14

Spark plugs - £15

Consumables - £6

Ecu - £100

Total Parts - £1300

Dyno tune - £350

Labour - £400

£1850

Now I got £400 for my block so:

£1850

-£400

______

£1450

This is the build total. Now this is with the standard inlet manifold etc.

On top of this you should add items which you should have already before tuning not to strangle the b20:

2.5" manifold

2.5" full exhaust system

induction kit

This obviously is random price wise depending what you'll go for but you should go for proper items not to loose power in the end. I personally paid about £700 for those.

Then you may or may not go for other bits to customise the build. I bought a Blox inlet manifold & gasket (around £160). dc2 throttle body - don't remember how much. Then there was s80 4.4fd gearbox @ £300 but got £100 back for my s9b.

So you can see for youself the build itslef is a bargain for the power your getting. It really depends what you want to achive.

To sum up it cost me around £2450. :o

Michal

some would say its a lot of wonga to throw at a car but personally id say if you want it...earn the bread and go get it...nice car mate....i wish id bought a deck now as iv got another nipper on the way...their really practical cars.

dude you will get more than that, mine is standard with a filter and exhaust and produced 176ps/170nm

but you're talking bhp whereas I'm taking about whp (wheel horse power)

Would still like to know the Bhp dude

Well I'll let you know what it is. What I mean is that whp matters. BHP will be random, some say 20% from wheel hp some say 10 and some 15. Bhp is just to make it sound mean on the new cars preformance leaflet :P 250 bhp 4 wheel drive = 190 on the wheels meeee ;p

your 176 ps probably is 145 whp that's what I meant.

:ugeek:

some would say its a lot of wonga to throw at a car but personally id say if you want it...earn the bread and go get it...nice car mate....

x2 yer i am glad you throw a lot of cash at your car to make it how you want it 1"£££$££"!! more of a challange and makes it diff thumbs up to you big time

Well I'll let you know what it is. What I mean is that whp matters. BHP will be random, some say 20% from wheel hp some say 10 and some 15. Bhp is just to make it sound mean on the new cars preformance leaflet :P 250 bhp 4 wheel drive = 190 on the wheels meeee ;p

your 176 ps probably is 145 whp that's what I meant.

:ugeek:

Yeah dude I know its wheels that matters but I like to know what the beast is generating Haha

Archived