b18c ej8 coupe

Gav_ek4

Been building this on and off for a few months, spotted it for sale by gerry from performancetek for a price to cheap to miss

Was a ej8 but gerry nicked the d16y8 for a crv afaik so the shell would have been scrapped if i had not saved it

decided early on i would see how cheap i could build a b18d coupe with a reasonable spec for

i picked up a b18c from an integra si

s4c box from an ek4

ek4 vti engine loom

p72 integra si ecu

set of ek4 vti engine mounts

genuine ek9 grill from livvy

set of vti fans

then came a idea out the blue that i would fully colourcode it so i called upon the services of my good mate stub(stub vti) who colour coded a set of mirrors,skirts and side mouldings for a the extortionate sum of £35 lol

a few hours one evening saw the engine and box fitted to the shell and an hour th next morning had it wired up but it sat on the drive for 3 months as i had to find some shafts and a radiator...eventually i built up a set of shafts i had from my mb6 that needed inner cv bearings and new boots so all good there and found out b18c4s tend to use d series rads so all was good as i had a spare sitting from my ej9

so today i finally fitted the shafts and the radiator and bled the cooling system and for the first time since gerry and martin delivered it on the low loader it moved under its own power :cool:

anyway heres a couple of pics(excuse the front bumper,i have a genuine ek9 front bumper and lip to get painted )

DSCF2036.jpg

DSCF2037.jpg

DSCF2039.jpg

Car is as follows

vsm ej8 coupe

ek9 grill,bumper and lip

Kw variant 3 coilovers

ek4 vti fans

fully colour coded

B18c integra si engine with ek9 cams

jdm p72 ecu

s4c ek9 gearbox (lsd)

mb6 shafts

mb6 shifter linkage

standard interior except for itr gearknob and ek4 prefacelift clocks

282mm front brakes

drums of power on the rear

custom centre section with decat and magnum series backbox

Thats turned into a sweet coupe mate! Know gerry fairly well, bought a few bits from him in the past. Think he's actually registered her as far as I can remember but didnt post? Like these with the b series in them, whats the b18 like with the b16 cams in it? Need to get her along to one of the meets mate, be nice to see this. Always like the coupes 8-)

Archived