My bargain £100 MB1 PICS NOW UP

Gav_ek4

hey all...i have a daily eg civic at the moment while i finish my coupe and re-mot my mb6 but this cropped up local on another forum for a price to cheap to miss...its a 1995 MB1 (1.6sR Vtec) in carmen red :D

has

working aircon

electric heated mirrors

4 electric windows

electric sunroof

electric seats

vti-s mats and gearknob :shock:

alloys with 4 good 195-55-15s

decent body work except for the bonnet which someone rattlecanned red with a paint roller or something

189k miles and about 10 previous owners

I actually bought this to break to use the front wishbones,top wishbones,rear lcas and the shocks and springs for my mb6 to mot it but driving it home from dumfries last night i realised its essentially a really good M not needing a lot of work for an mot

its been stood of the road in front of a shop for 10months since the mot ran out and i stuck a new battery in it and it fired up first turn of the key

only problems are

Clutch is slipping

brakes need attention as it pulls hard under heavy braking

bonnet has a bash and has been rattlecanned

headlining is sagging and the material is lifting on the door cards

drive home was ENTERTAINING shall we say ...goes surprisingly well for a d series (saying that it is a 1.6sr vtec(127bhp vtec lump)

has what i would regard as a really nice interior(black and red cloth,sporty and comfy,will probs end up in my mb6 as i was never a fan of the mb6 cloth)

will fire some pics up for opinions in the morning when i charge my camera as iv just discovered the blutooth on my laptop dont work :(

best of all was i bought this £100

HPIM1228.jpg

HPIM1230.jpg

HPIM1231.jpg

HPIM1232.jpg

HPIM1233.jpg

HPIM1240.jpg

HPIM1241.jpg

G

Nice one gav! Thats a bargain mate! Ive always been a fan of the SR M's, as they are essentially the first form of VTi 5 door civic. So good power, nice interior and the pre facelift front end. For to be stood all that time, there's not much needing done mate. The only thing that you will have trouble with is the bonnet. Theres basically hardly any to be had (well, in good condition anyways :lol: ) Took me about 2 years to finally get one for my MA8! If it isnt rusty, see if a bodyshop can fix it up, or have a go yourself.

Glad your thinking about keeping it a s a daily, as they really are good M's. Looking forward to the pics 8-)8-)8-)

its the front end im not a fan of, bonnets solid but had been bashed from headlight to light if you know what i mean...previous owner went into the back of a lorry afaik

is there much work involved in fitting a mb6 front? i gather bonnet wings bumper will need changed but will the slam panel need swapped?

reason i ask is my vti-s is in a bad way and needs a serious amount of work for an mot

(ALL BUSHES EXCEPT CAMBER ARM AT THE REAR NEED REPLACED,NEEDS 4 BALL JOINTS,4 SHOCKS,2 REAR WHEEL BEARINGS A CAT AND A CENTRE SECTION,WELDING ON THE SILL,AND THATS JUST A QUICK LOOK OVER)

might fit the front end to the mb1,use the vti-s rear lip and skirts and sell the rest

on the bodywork front...i have a very good mate who paints in wishaw and is an amazing painter and cheap as well(some other forum members who use other forums may know of him, STUBVTI)

Ive seen that username before too! To change the front is a lot of work, but can be done. If you didnt already have a donor car there, id say forget it, not worth the time/money thats involved. AFAIK, the slam panel needs to be changed, as I was gonna do this when i first got the MA8. I checked against dawns (being the deck has the mb front) and the slam panels were different where the headlights go, and also around the bonnet latch etc. On saying that, I did once here of someone changing all the panels but kept the original slam panel, but think they bashed it about to get the bonnet to close. I'd change it anyways if youre deff gonna do it. Heres the parts you DEFF need to change...

Both fron headlights

Both front wings

Bonnet

Front bumper (not sure about the front bumper crashbar)

Think thats about it. You gonna try and fit the B18 and box?

b18s the easy bit, its all plug and play if i decide to fit it and could be done in a day :)

slam panels bent on the mb1 anyway...my local scrappy is full of mbs so locating panels is easy if i dont wanna nick it of the vti-s

if i can get the lights to line up i would just fit aerocatches instead of the oem catch :)

might try a test fit at some point

just realised after partially stripping the front that the chassis legs on the mb1 dont have provisions to bolt the mb6 front bumper bar onto so will have nothing to mount the bumper onto unless i fab something up at work(im a fabricator/precision engineer) if i can find a decent prefacelift bonnet ill just fit that, the front ends growing on me lol

Archived