My ST205 Toyota Celica GT4

m4rkvti-s

Not much progress. Just an oil and filter change ahead of the quarter mile event and a bit of pic whoring in the middle of a run up Hartside.

CelicaGT4hartside3.jpg

CelicaGT4hartside4.jpg

CelicaGT4hartside.jpg

CelicaGT4hartside5.jpg

CelicaGT4hartside6.jpg

CelicaGT4hartside7.jpg

CelicaGT4hartside2.jpg

The guy I'm talking to in the last pic couldnt belive it when i told him the FOUR on the spoiler meant the car was 4 wheel drive! He thought it was front wheel drive and I'd turbo'd it! Lol. FGC i havent had my activation email still? I have a friend on the job of filming my runs so ill get him to post them to his youtube acount. :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well i had fun at the quarter mile lol, ran a 13.9 at 101mph. Good times. Tried to launch at 5k rpm and get a quicker time and fried the clutch! Bad times.

Just taken delivery of a 6 paddle Helix clutch and uprated clutch cover and I've also bought an F! racing lightened flywheel. Booked in for fitting on the 13th of July! Can't wait!

• 3 weeks later...

As Churchill says 'Ohhh yes!' Yeah i was aiming for the 13s and got in so was happy.

Update:

The clutch went on the line at the RWYB event, no longer able to launch the car so pulled out after 12 runs. Luckily it was still driveable, but slipped at high revs. So, i had two choices. 1. Quick fix with another standard clutch, or 2. Nurse the car around carefully turn down the boost and save for a racing clutch and flywheel. After i found out the process of replacing a clutch on a GT4, i went for option 2 as option 1 would have cost a bomb anyways! Lol

So, on June 24th the parts arrived.

Pic of lightweight flywheel 6 paddle Helix clutch and uprated clutch cover

clutchkit.jpg

Went in to have them fitted on wednesday. I picked the car up yesterday, fantastic service. I got a report back with a full break down of any faults found whilst work was undertaken, which is basically now a parts shopping list! Car nice and clean now aswell.

First impressions were good clutch pedal actually lighter than standard! Engine idling at 1k consistantly, no lumpy idle, which i kind of expected as a draw back of the light flywheel. Took it back up the M6, pulled better and clutch alot smoother. But it wasn't until i got on the B roads did i see its full potential, so rev happy, begging to be thrashed! Popping everytime i lifted off pulling out of the corners stronger, smooth quick shifts at full throttle without fail! Sat there speechless when i parked up on the drive lol. Quite honestly the best money i've ever spent on a car and i haven't even properly launched it yet! :D

• 1 year later...

Woahh! This is due a bit of an update!

Update on this for anyone that's interested lol

I have had a few things done such as both front suspension arms, new rear diff mount and a full new set of brake pipes fitted as they were corroded to hell. Also got through the MOT with flying colours and the tester wanted to buy the 4! Safe to say she's running sweet as a nut! Lol

I have however got rid of those s**tty corroded Aerospeeds! *cue fanfare*

It was soul destroying spending 3 hours on detailing and the car still not looking spotless because of the wheels...but no more!

So, I got on to Revolution wheels and had a set of their Millenium rally wheels ordered to be made. I couldn't recommend them more, they give you first class service. I got constant updates and the wheels came to me via courier as soon as the manufacturing process was complete.

Went for 17x8 in white, wheel sealed them twice before I put them on using Rim wax (great product) :thumbup:

IMG00201-20120530-1833.jpg

Got them wrapped in Pirelli P6000 rubber and as soon as I got them on I had to tyre shine them :P

IMG00214-20120609-1200.jpg

Stored my old crap wheels on my Dad's farm and took a couple of pics

IMG00217-20120609-1208.jpg

IMG00218-20120609-1209.jpg

Good idea...not the best execution. Will have another try sometime lol

IMG00216-20120609-1208.jpg

Great weather today for some cleaning and detailing, so I got to it!

IMG00221-20120610-1540.jpg

IMG00220-20120610-1539.jpg

Oh...and I went to a local meet and attracted a little bit of attention...

DSC09074.jpg

DSC09077.jpg

IMG_4936.jpg

Opinions/questions welcome :)

Archived