teg wheels, tyre size?

jallen69

ok, i've got the 96spec teg wheels for my car.

i've just had the refurbished, and now need tyres

i'm unsure of the tyre size to go for, i was thinking of some 195/50 15's??

but i don't want the tyre to look too big, or too small. if you get what i mean??

the wheels are 15x6 jj 50

if anyone's got a pic of these wheels on a mb with some different size tyres?? would really help me out!!

just want to get it right first time!!

thanks

josh

yeah, im almost certain the 15' teg wheels need the spacer to clear our calipers. love the 96 spec rims dude, looking forwrd to seeing them on the car.

ive got 50's on the front just now, but sometimes when i look at them, i think they look too small. mind mine isnt lowered tho, so guess that figures in the equation a bit.

Standard tyre size is 195-55-15 but i always run 195=50-15 as they are alot cheaper and more available.. Not a huge amount of difference between the sizes, if anything 50s will give you a better drive as less sidewall flex when giving it beans.

you need a small spacer 3mm as said, i used a set of 5mm ones which cost £9.99 from a local motor factors. It looks as if the calipers will clear but once they are heated up they will expand abit so not point risking it. or you could shave the caliper slightly if u dont want to run spacers.

Only need them on the front as said before.

• 2 weeks later...

he might have grinded the calipers but once they are heated up they expand a touch..

I done the big brake upgrade on my mates brothers 96 jdm itr and they did fit over the mb6 brakes but i wasnt happy with the clearence as it was very tight so fitted 5mm spacers..

Archived