vtec problems

shebabby

hi people sign_hi.gif1

could do with some help please . iv had my vti aerodeck for some years now wen i brought it

the crossover into the vtec was a big kick but over time it has got quieter and seems like its lost

more than half the power . iv tried chainging the clutch still no change .

been a mechanic i service it more than it needs realy :lol:

the only thing i havnt done is change the vtec selanoid filter !!

havnt checked oil preasure or the selanoid yet .just wounderd if it could be something simple !!

any info would be mutch appriatiated . thanks !!!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could be a case you are used to the car and therefore do not feel the kick as well , oil level plays a good part in vtec (if its low you get a misfire or lack of power in vtec) but as you say you have serviced it and im sure you keep your eye on the oil level , the vtec solenoid filter is easy to get to a clean out , you could give it a go . The solenoid it self could be faulty , just give it a 12v feed and see if it opens up when you have it off to do the filter . Rich.

cheers mate

it has got a flat spot as it goese through the vtec so im thinking either filter or selanoid .

should i strip the selanoid to check or can i check it as a complete unit . thanks !!

If i remember right there is 3 10 mm bolts holding the solenoid on remove them and you will see the filter clean it , there is no need to strip the solenoid to test it , when you give it a 12v feed you will see the pin move inside . Rich.

If i remember right there is 3 10 mm bolts holding the solenoid on remove them and you will see the filter clean it , there is no need to strip the solenoid to test it , when you give it a 12v feed you will see the pin move inside . Rich.

cheers mate

will try it tmoz see if it makes a difference !!

been out today and cleaned my vtec filter !

didnt look to bad at first until i started to clean it with some maintenence spray

then all was revealed !!!

my cars done 150 000 miles and has never had the vtec filter cleaned or replaced so wen

it looked like black treacle i wasnt supprised :lol:

havnt tried it yet but hopefully its made a difference .also cleaned the pcv valve too !!!!

Archived