vtec problems

shebabby

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's about right for a B18C4 mate. VTEC coming in at 4500 and IABs opening at 5800 is designed for smoothness, and not for the BIG BANG of power like you get in a B16 or B18 DC2 engine.

i know mate its just that wen i bought the car and a good few years after the crossover noise

was nice and loud !

but over time its got less noise ?

i bought it in 2005 . its probably seen its days :lol:

i think we all experience this. the first week or 2 after buying a vtec its highly noticeable and seems rapid compared to ur previous car, then eventually it becomes the norm and it feels like its broken. unfortunately this will always be the case and you will have to keep buying faster cars. what a healthy addiction.

i think we all experience this. the first week or 2 after buying a vtec its highly noticeable and seems rapid compared to ur previous car, then eventually it becomes the norm and it feels like its broken. unfortunately this will always be the case and you will have to keep buying faster cars. what a healthy addiction.

lol sounds about right !!

ive only been on this forum less than 6 months and have seen it spoken about many times and feel the same about it too. its a depressing thought but there not much we can do about it. hence we make modifications, its just never fast enough, or is it? :-)

• 3 weeks later...

i did my valve clearence today as the weather was nice :D

nealy all ov them wer out quit a bit !

so when id done them i noticed the exhaust note was a bit louder .

took it out for a run and there was more crossover noise into the vtec and a tad more power

but still not right ?

anymore :idea: 's

Archived