SOHC Aerodeck project, Gutted but she's sold

RS1T

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, had some free time so I re did my mesh grill, sprayed the outer rim silver and resprayed and lacquered the mesh black. Also added a red H badge, which really sets the look off.

Completed:

1fba662d.jpg

On the car:

acf728b6.jpg

Hopefully within the next week I'll have a VTi lip and side skirts, so it should look less like it's on stilts.

Would love to lower it, but don't have much coin and I don't really want to start messing around with running gear as it can be dangerous.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a VTi Lip courtesy of jallen69, but it was in pirates black. So I sanded it for a an hour or so, primered it, prayed it with 3 coats of silver and then two coats of lacquer. Then didn't know how to attatch it, and for some reason the threads designed to screw the lip screws into just weren't there, so after a trip to the hardware store I managed to get some nuts and bolts to screw it down.

The manual says to double side tape the entire top part of the lip to the bumper but it felt pretty strong and secure with just the bolts done up so I didn't bother (Also who the hell has that much double sided tape!).

Anyway, here is a pic of the front end with almost all the work I wanted done on it done, all that's left now are the headlight washers, cold air feed slot and projectors/clear glass headlights. I'm also considering daytime running lights instead of fog lights. I'm going for the modern car look, I love my deck but the front end just looks so old...

3a04dbf8.jpg

When I got the car.. Hell of a difference ain't it

703be971.jpg

A picture I took when in cambridge last night

84ebd684.jpg

looks much more modern now allrigh

what is this projector your on about? is it the hid prohectors, im gona get them

to make it even more modern you should take the indicator orange lens out of the headlight and then some clear side repeaters

Yeah will add that to the To-Do list. Here it is now:

Fit Side Skirts

Fit G3 xenon projectors

De tango headlights, spray chrome parts silver

Colour code side window strips

Colour code roof rails

Honda centre caps for wheels

Fit cold air feed and cut hole for it in fog surround

Exhaust Trim

Refill air con gas (It's getting waay to hot here)

Tighten alternator belt

Fix alarm

Sand out scratches in bumper

Replace both front wings

Replace broken headlight washer

Daytime running lights (Maybe)

Fix/Polish leather seats

Replace pathetic horn

Get Ipod/aux capable stereo

Remove tow bar

Rear red H badge

VTEC SOHC decal from del sol

Clear side repeaters

Whew, it's quite a big list, and I'll be doing things one at a time, so it will take a while. That's modification for you, continuous improvement

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, time for a major update. Ordered new centre caps and VTEC decals and stuck them on asap :)

2998b4c3.jpg

Then, instead of doing anything on my to do list, I just started something completely different. This was partly due to a halfrauds trip where I spent over £100 on a new stereo, new gear knob and a tonne of silver paint. As I was taking out the centre console, I realised how cheap and nasty the fake plastic wood trim looked. So I repainted it all metallic silver, and I mean everything, even the clock surround. Don't think anyone else has done this, and frankly I'm very pleased with the result. Take a look ;)

474e8d7f.jpg

3e66a683.jpg

94ba305d.jpg

9a7844f9.jpg

Quite glad I got that all done tbh, I've been spending way to much money and time on the exterior, so the interior feels neglected. It's finally all starting to crack up into the car I want it to be, step by step.

Archived