SOHC Aerodeck project, Gutted but she's sold

RS1T

I did neither unfortunately, however I did use clear lacquer afterwards on all of them. If worst comes to worst, I can just re do it, it's not much effort :P

Anyway, here is the final result after several coats on each one:

6a180cac.jpg

f391b7ca.jpg

edd46fc5.jpg

fa749179.jpg

3d8109d8.jpg

As you can see, I got a bit sidetracked as boredom kicked in after a few hours and decided to remove all five of the ugly and chipped badges from the back, and giving it a nice polish. Back end looks cleaner now. Then I also decided to colour code the numberplate recess, but forgot to take of the Honda Badge. So it was completely silver, but I decided to rub the paint off the H and the sides to make it look slightly better. Not too bothered as I've ordered red H badges from ebay anyway.

Once all this was done I thought the back looked a bit empty, so I decided to add one of the badges back on, in a luxury car style positioning. Looks strange but different, therefore I like :P If I could find a red '5' badge then I'm seriously tempted to put it afterwards :P

7b934f62.jpg

Next up is painting the side skirts silver and somehow acquiring a silver VTi lip. Also may visit a breakers yard to try and replace the dented quarterpanels (Not done by me!).

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

umm cant make my mind up if i like it or not. i like the rear and the sides not sure on front thou. good job thou mate

Looking good dude, how about some clear side repeaters for a nice cheap mod? Get clear from an accord or smoked from a rover 400!

x2 - it's suprising the difference it makes... it'll be even more so now that you've colour coded it...

I quite like the look of what you've done like :D

Archived