SOHC Aerodeck project, Gutted but she's sold

RS1T

About a month ago I got this 1999 civic aerodeck 1.6ES, which therefore makes it an MC1 I believe.

It has quite a few dents and scrapes, done 136,000 miles and was an old mini cab.

Picked it up for 800 quid from gumtree.

28b96581.jpg

Good points:

Engine is sound, fairly brutal when power goes down

Full Leather Interior

All interior electronics work perfectly

Heating/AC

Plenty of space in the boot

Bad Points:

Lots of dents and scrapes

Can't lock it without alarm going off

Clutch is almost dead

Alternator belt squeals when cold

Tires almost gone

Alloy wheels in shocking condition

Dirty Carpets

More pics:

703be971.jpg

c778df85.jpg

e127b139.jpg

b9df6398.jpg

c37ee88e.jpg

Would love to mod it, but have basically no income at all and don't want to push insurance up.If anyone has ideas for small improvements I could do myself that would be great. Enjoy ;)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Time for a little update, I did say I wasn't going to mod it, but when I passed my test popping around to pick up bits from here and there made it too tempting not to.

Picked up some Dare 17' Alloys today, cost about £200 in total including new nuts all round and fitting.

467831da.jpg

Also picked up a new exhaust trim to cover the tiny rusted piece of crap that was there before. Makes a slightly louder sound but nothing chavvy.

47e3b6a2.jpg

Next up is to visit a breakers yard and replace the dented panels, and maybe pick up a front VTi lip if I can find one. I also want to colour code the side skirts and black plastic areas of the bumpers, and maybe a mesh grill. Any more ideas, let me know :)

Hi Alex.

Nice wheels - they suit the car a treat.

1"£££$££"!!

notice that you've got a tow bar on there... if you don't plan on using it I'd whip it off - best "mod" that I did to mine. the weight of mine meant that it was like having a passenger sat right on the end of the boot. apart from making the car heavier generally, it moves the weight balance off the front wheels. you'll notice the handling improve if you take it off (mine did and that's with the B18 lump and lsd acting as a counterbalance - should make even more of a difference with the1.6?)

8-)

Was thinking of doing that, had a quick peek under the rear bumper but I couldn't see any obvious way of taking it off. Were the tow bars original Honda equipment?

I'd need to double check, but I'm sure that the rear bumper had to come off. I think that there's a few bolts underneath that go through the chassis.

mine wasn't a honda one, but they were an option I think... I'm sure that Dave (admin) has one, and I'm thinking that the honda ones were removable (like easy to take off and put back on again when neeed) - but I might be making that up.... my memory sometimes plays tricks on me... :lol: hope not though, otherwise the content of my dreams has gone propper downhill! :lol: :lol:

Archived