FRONT BRAKES.

seanmb6vti

Hi guys just need your opinion looking to get the front brakes done soon just wondering what ones to get inc pads rear ones are fine replaced at the end of june so might get better pads all round. Just wanting an idea on where to buy them from went on to FP and a bit pricey £237.00 for discs vented fair enough but there must be better deals out there. Prob gonna fit them myself is it an easy job should i go to a garage etc. Is it cheaper if i supply the parts to the garage cheers.

hi there the MB6 front brake setup is the same as the 96spec integra type R set up so you have lots of option but i have to say i fitted the AP dixel slotted discs and AP dixel type Z pad to my ITR and they were the best brakes for performance and feel! even over standard dc5 4pot brembos!!! :(

AP dixel can be bought directly from us @ accessory Zone 8-)

Rock And Roll G cheers will have a look and give you a shout. Not getting them prob till sep early oct but like planning ahead. Any news on the grills yet.

P.S I voted for yor car this month so fingers crossed ;)

the only thing we have in common with the 96spec JDM brakes is the pcd which is 4x114.3. Otherwise the mb6 has 282mm brakes and the teg as 262mm (282mm on 98 spec onwards).

Unless you are going to track your car do not waste loads of cash on fancy dimpled grooved slotted ceramic brakes. Just go for OEM blanks and Ferrodo DS2000 pads - this setup is more than enough for normal/spirited driving.

i have to disagree imo brakes are live savers i never skimp on brakes or tyres just me tho

stock discs and uprated DS2000 are ok and do the job but there is some many more better options have had lots of diffrent set ups on all my honda's i found the DIXELS one far better

used stoptech , ksport, DC5 brembos , and borrowed a car with the spoon mono twin blocks (nice set up loved the feel they had)

just my 2p but yeah every one has a diffrent view on parts and upgrades which is a good things gives people the bigger picture

i think you have missed my point Gunit - i am not suggesting to skimp on brakes.

my point is that the OEM blanks and some fast road pads are a good enough combo for road use. anything more powerful is overkill unless you track the car.

if honda believe that oem blanks and fine on the itr, atr, ctr etc from factory then who are the general public to disagree.

of course if you treat the streets like a race track and like doing silly stunts then yes go for better pads and discs.

yep couldnt agree more

however "we" civic5 owners dont treat the streets as a race track, we leave that to the corsa lads :lol:

yup, thats true G!

Im with g-unit regarding upgrading brakes. Anything that makes your car stop quicker, regardless of what speed your doing, cann only be a good thing. Id put brake mods before any other mod. My civics only a crappy 1.4, but i upgraded mine to grooved/vented discs and ferodo pads. Not a big upgrade, but makes a difference ;)

yep couldnt agree more

however "we" civic5 owners dont treat the streets as a race track, we leave that to the corsa lads :lol:

yup, thats true G!

Im with g-unit regarding upgrading brakes. Anything that makes your car stop quicker, regardless of what speed your doing, cann only be a good thing. Id put brake mods before any other mod. My civics only a crappy 1.4, but i upgraded mine to grooved/vented discs and ferodo pads. Not a big upgrade, but makes a difference ;)

But you need new pads soon mate

Archived