Remapping

Bri

Standard ecu mate,,,

Apexi AFC Neo

S/S Chome Intake Pipe -- Cone Filter

4 to 1 S/S Manifold -- Super Sprint De-Cat -- S/S System -- S/S Back Box Round 3" Round

IMG_0334640x480.jpg

IMG_0333480x640.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The p72 ecu is the same as the standard p9k ecu and my brother had an integra si with a p72 ecu (stand for the teg) and the engine is almost the same as the mb6 and that made the same 177 bhp that we had from all of the mb6 at the weekend i would go for a p28 or p30 ecu , socket it and then get it mapped .

Watch this space if i get sorted in the next month for so i will be doing plugand play ecu's for the mb6's as we are getting mapping software and all the equipment we need to do mapping as we speck , ill need time for testing but once i have fugures and a price sorted for the ecu's all let you know . Rich.

Sounds good rich, would like to get my mb6 tuned up abit, abit of a problem getting it tuned over here!! By the way excuse my ignorance but what are the IAB's??

The iab's is the butterfly set up in the standard mb6 manifold that opens at 6000rpm .

Rich .

cheers so for that "other" car to get back to back runs off you would need the exact same parts on the car to get a true reading.

whats the dia of the exhaust and collector on the manifold?

kink if you do go for the victor X then id suggest boost or some serious engine work :)

cal ive got a fully forged turbo'd b16 eg6 as my toy that i have built from the ground up, the vtis is my daily that i still want to have fun in :) i can get good power for cheap from it so why not.

k Pro for the ep3? if so they are known to get a good hike day in day out.

also the debate isnt about fault finding with a car. overall hp is.

i would happily put mine on the rollers if i had a different inlet manifold. using the victor x wouldnt be the best aftermarket one to use as i havent gone turbo yet and i dont have a mega comp, big cammed engine.

any skunk2/ blox etc will make more power over the stock dual runner.

whats the specs on paul mb? what ecu etc etc?

Johns ep3 was on a standard managment but had a poo filter set up

And the 2 x mb6's had vtec conrollers fitted but set up wrong + one had a iab fault .

To make it a test you need to have your ecu and mine on fitted to mb6's with standard inlets and basic mods such as exhaust and filter or i may as well turbo one and say i have more bhp than you and all out bhp is not always the best if my map has more torque and power across more od the range but you have 10 bhp more in the last 500 rpm on the road you are going to lose . But you will never know what power or torque you have at any part of the range to get the best out of a map , afr with a wide band can only tell you so much what about the effect time has on vtec engines how do you monitor that one the road .

Rich.

so the ep3 didnt gain 20hp. it had the filter changed (i guess) and re couped 20hp?

vtec controllers i wouldnt bother with anyways as a good map is always the best option IMO.

if i were to get my p28 i would have to have a load of extras added to that P28 just to try this which then gets more expensive again.

true about the power but from what im reading your saying that your mapping will make that much more power to notice a real world difference on the road to a experienced road mapper?

id be game for this to see how much a difference was in this. but i believe with the right chap on live mapping wont be as far if not just as good.

when are you looking to have your ecu mapping up and ready to go?

so the ep3 didnt gain 20hp. it had the filter changed (i guess) and re couped 20hp?

vtec controllers i wouldnt bother with anyways as a good map is always the best option IMO.

if i were to get my p28 i would have to have a load of extras added to that P28 just to try this which then gets more expensive again.

true about the power but from what im reading your saying that your mapping will make that much more power to notice a real world difference on the road to a experienced road mapper?

id be game for this to see how much a difference was in this. but i believe with the right chap on live mapping wont be as far if not just as good.

when are you looking to have your ecu mapping up and ready to go?

Yes the ep3 gained back 20 hp , but my point is without the dyno how to you know what the engine is doing as in johns case he had fitted a filter and thought it would have made things better ,

Vtec controllers are good as long as a gain you have the dyno because they only make slight changes and just driving it on the road you would never know if you were making it better or worse , Again with the dyno you can see the power curve and see the changes you have made from the stanadard settings .

If i can see the map and adjust it to get the max from the engine at any given point in the range as i can see my results from the dyno , How do you do that on a road map , Every good tuner i know has a dyno as that is just the best way to do things , i know you can map on the road and i know you will get an alright job but you will not get the best job ,plus more to the point its illegal unless you road map your cars under 70 mph .

As for the ecu i would say about a month but thats if i get the time and we are flat out at the min and i still have a full time job ,so not alot of spare time at the min but i will get on it .A.S.A.P . Rich.

I'd steer clear of generic maps mate.

Go for a P72 ECU, then basemap it, and get it mapped properly to your car.

It'll cost you £250-£300, but you'll get the best out of it, rather than a generic instruction set.

Archived