Remapping

Bri

you have to supply the ecu lol, and he does mine for free because im his mate he has been doing it for local lads for years. he can add the the hardware to the ecu to make the iab's work, i wouldnt say he does it if he doesnt , he isnt a company just a very clever lad who has been into hondas for years and years

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
im not sure because im trying to get my hands on a edelbrock victory x inlet mani to do away with the valves in the standard inlet mani and have single stage vtec. i know he maps with crome im not sure what base maps he starts with etc........ but i can ask ;)

i have one for mine going on very soon with a remapped p28 ;)

i can get p28, and p30 ecus chipped and mapped from a local lad for around £100 he is in the middle of doing mine now :)

I find that hard to believe no company would do all that work for £100 as the ecu socketed will cost £50-£100 ,

Rich.

prices depend on who you know ;)

you have to supply the ecu lol, and he does mine for free because im his mate he has been doing it for local lads for years. he can add the the hardware to the ecu to make the iab's work, i wouldnt say he does it if he doesnt , he isnt a company just a very clever lad who has been into hondas for years and years

Thats ok till your engine goes bang , has he got a dyno or rent one as its the only way to map a car right .Plus get a set of figures that show you have an increase , non of this it should be 200 bhp now . Rich.

X2, assumption and power 'feeling' the difference is ok / fine on bolt on parts, but when you start fiddling with the rather clever electronics, 1 slight c**k up and bye bye engine!

Someone / anyone saying they can do it without a dyno, well, I can only say you get what you pay for!

Mates rates are good, too good sometimes, but if your engine goes pop because of a guestimated set-up.....

Even I leave this level to the pro's ;)

this is wat h-tune says and these guys seem to be popular on the forums

Basemaps are mathematically calculated maps and settings for a large number of possible variables and every one will run differently in a variety of cars even if running similar or identical setups. Basemaps are designed to basically run your vehicle well enough to get it to a tuner. I cannot guarantee anything about the operation or safety of running a basemap in your vehicle. Please have your vehicle tuned by a professional for optimal safety and performance.

maybe civicturbo can asnwer me this as im very interested as i dont know much ins and outs on tuning.

being as your strapping a car to the dyno with a huge fan stuck at the front are you not "lying" to the ecu by throwing hurricane amounts of air though the engine bay? i.e everything is taking in cooler air etc etc

tuning on the road wont give you the figures in front of you to progress into extra amounts of detail but surely your mapping the car in "real world" circumstances? so that huge amount of air coming at you on the rollers doesnt mean thats the air coming at you on a say summers day out B road blasting.

im not sayin one is better than the other im just after some experienced opinion

No mate, the fans simulate the speed of the air that would be flowing at speed on a real road.

So the fans basically simulate the air rushing over the car at speeds.

As in, if you doing 60 mph on a road, the air (give or take wind speed) will be entering the engine bay at that speed, so the fans spin to produce roughly the same 'wind' levels as real road conditions.

he is very good freinds with scott the owner of h-tune, infact the p30 ecu i got was a jdm ecu with surface mounted components which he cant solder himself so has sent my ecu to scott to be solderd, all i have to pay for is postage :) he may have also supplied scott with some basemaps :P

aww well guys your loss

Archived