Remapping

Bri

i had a p30 ecu which didnt support IABs. so i had it so IABs was open all the time which made it a single runner in theory but the car felt slow and didnt feel like it was running right

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

running the ecu did it have a 1.8 map on it or the old 1.6 ??

also wouldnt that leave the iabs closed as theirs no signal to open them? soon as you turn the key they shut due to vaccuum and nothing is their to tell them to open at any rpm

ok so in theory is a bodged single stage with bad airflow and well not made for that job AND only a basemap which is only good for moving your car to the tuner not for power.

its like me saying here's a spoon chop a steak up with it. its not made for that application.

mate think we are getting our wires crossed somewhere i know all that. i know i would have to of had it put on the rollers to have it set up. all i was saying earlier is surely we need IABs with our inlet.

I have an idea once i have done my ecu on a standard inlet manifold , and you have your ecu's fitted with road maps , you come to my dyno and ill run your cars for free and we will see which has the best set up . The fans do not put out as much air as you would get on the road . they are there just to stop the car over heating .

We proved the point of dyno mapping at the weekend , by 1 ep3 and 2 mb6's which did not think they had problems leaving with move power and a much better power curve , which just a run up the road those problem would have never been found .

Rich.

Yeah man i thought its was a bit slower in the last 4 months but did'nt think i had a problem with the car, till i put it on rich's dyno! :D:D:D

The p72 ecu is the same as the standard p9k ecu and my brother had an integra si with a p72 ecu (stand for the teg) and the engine is almost the same as the mb6 and that made the same 177 bhp that we had from all of the mb6 at the weekend i would go for a p28 or p30 ecu , socket it and then get it mapped .

Watch this space if i get sorted in the next month for so i will be doing plugand play ecu's for the mb6's as we are getting mapping software and all the equipment we need to do mapping as we speck , ill need time for testing but once i have fugures and a price sorted for the ecu's all let you know . Rich.

Sounds good rich, would like to get my mb6 tuned up abit, abit of a problem getting it tuned over here!! By the way excuse my ignorance but what are the IAB's??

k Pro for the ep3? if so they are known to get a good hike day in day out.

also the debate isnt about fault finding with a car. overall hp is.

i would happily put mine on the rollers if i had a different inlet manifold. using the victor x wouldnt be the best aftermarket one to use as i havent gone turbo yet and i dont have a mega comp, big cammed engine.

any skunk2/ blox etc will make more power over the stock dual runner.

whats the specs on paul mb? what ecu etc etc?

Archived