Remapping

Bri

Just wanted to find out about remappng an MB6, what's needed, how must does it cost for parts and remap and how much extra bhp do ye get?

1"£££$££"

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you will be wanting a P72 ecu from the sir integra, disable the knock sensor and speed limiter. easiest solution

OR

p28,p30 ecu these will need socketing and the some bits adding to control the IAB's if you are keeping them.

the ecu plugs will need shaving slightly to fit the obd1 ecu or buy a wiring harness if you dont want to chop anything.

re map prices are up and down depending where you go.

HP you cant give a actual figure as it depends on existing mods, the state of the engine, regular servicing etc etc

There is not real simple answer to that.

For a bolt on, simlpe option, with 10-15bhp more without a map, buy a P72. It's the ECU from an Integra GSR / Si (non type R) but has more aggressive fuelling and throttle curve. That is straight swap, and more oomph without a map!

You can remap that at a later date too.

Other options are, P28 & P30 ECUs, they need chipping and mapping, so much more expensive initially.

I'd personally go for P72, then it's plug and play, and you have option of remap later on!

BHP wise, depends on the car, mods, map, who tunes it etc etc etc

Sorry, no difinate BHP answers on that!

you will be wanting a P72 ecu from the sir integra, disable the knock sensor and speed limiter. easiest solution

OR

p28,p30 ecu these will need socketing and the some bits adding to control the IAB's if you are keeping them.

the ecu plugs will need shaving slightly to fit the obd1 ecu or buy a wiring harness if you dont want to chop anything.

re map prices are up and down depending where you go.

HP you cant give a actual figure as it depends on existing mods, the state of the engine, regular servicing etc etc

Who could I get to disable the knock sensor and speed limiter? What difference would I see in the P72 ecu?

Cheers.

The p72 ecu is the same as the standard p9k ecu and my brother had an integra si with a p72 ecu (stand for the teg) and the engine is almost the same as the mb6 and that made the same 177 bhp that we had from all of the mb6 at the weekend i would go for a p28 or p30 ecu , socket it and then get it mapped .

Watch this space if i get sorted in the next month for so i will be doing plugand play ecu's for the mb6's as we are getting mapping software and all the equipment we need to do mapping as we speck , ill need time for testing but once i have fugures and a price sorted for the ecu's all let you know . Rich.

Archived