new guy with civi areodeck vti cutout issues

markez78uk

the dizzy isnt snapped i took cap off and rotor turns slowly

i have turned the car over with out even the dizzy in just to see the cam turn

it turns very slowly and the starter motor spinns very fast im getting some one to take starter motor off to see if thats busted

do u think there could be any more damage inside (where starter motor fits in) ?

i dont know sh1t about cars

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok its not the sarter motor fitted new 1 still doing the same

people keep saying rotate 180 im worried as the teeth fit in the cam flush at the mo when i rotate it 180 it doesn sit flush this is how isheared my teeth last time from the dizzy the car sounds like it has no timing or compression stoopid me didnt mark the old dizzy up and threw it away any suggestions regards mark

dizzy only goes in one way mate, so it cant be 180 out. as far as dizzy timing goes. we found that you should just be covering the mounting hole in the dizzy.

so almost all the way to the back of the engine bay so the mount on the head is just covering the hole in the dizzy.

when i had trouble rich also checked that the timing belt hadnt skipped a tooth by taking rocker cover off and checking that the timing marks lined up.

have you checked compression??

hope you get this sorted as it seems to be dragging on abit now ay.

dragging on is an understatement

so took to another mechanic who said timing belt had skipped 7 teeth ? it will cost 270.00 to put new belt in

and then told me car might not even start its a 270.00 risk i take as my valves may be bent !

dizzy was put in wrong way snapped teeth on dizzy new dizzy fitted (right way) and now the above do you reckon the valves are bent ?

would a compression test reveal if they are or not if so i may go ahead and get it done stoopid fkin vti s areodeck its getting donated to bottom of the fish pond ! cheers for help !

£270 seems fookin expensive find another pvt persons for cash price!!

sorry to hear of your trauma !!

anyone want to earn few £s in morecome mssgs on a postcard plz to mark :0)never know mate worth a try init!!

Ive had similar issues, albeit on another car, and it turned out to be that the timing belt tensioner wasn't tensioning the belt enough. If youve done this recently maybe have a look.

£270 seems fookin expensive find another pvt persons for cash price!!

sorry to hear of your trauma !!

anyone want to earn few £s in morecome mssgs on a postcard plz to mark :0)never know mate worth a try init!!

lol would be nice to have some one pop up

the last mechanic was useless and forced me to go to a private garage he charged me 70.00 to collect and bring back loltheres no more garages round here except cowboys and main dealers :(

as far as i am aware these are non interference engines. meaning that the piston doesnt reach the valve. so should be ok. but the best way to tell i think is compression test all cylinders. if theres compression once the belt is on correctly then the valves are straight and seating properly.

as far as i am aware these are non interference engines. meaning that the piston doesnt reach the valve. so should be ok. but the best way to tell i think is compression test all cylinders. if theres compression once the belt is on correctly then the valves are straight and seating properly.

cheers dude im gona av to pay him 270 to fit belt first to see if ok or can i check compression with the belt that is on (slipped 7 teeth apparently) ooh by the way all i did was turn key when dizzy was in wrong way car wasent even moving :0

Archived