new guy with civi areodeck vti cutout issues

markez78uk

i know it can be a pain but im sure you could get it done cheaper than that. seems like alot to pay incase it still wont run.

if the teeth on the belt look in good nick, just get the current belt setup correctly for now.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i know it can be a pain but im sure you could get it done cheaper than that. seems like alot to pay incase it still wont run.

if the teeth on the belt look in good nick, just get the current belt setup correctly for now.

offr to garage tomo to get new belt fitted 200 all in we have agreed with pump so we will se if she starts fingers crossed will keep updated thx for all ya help guys !!

£270 to get a belt fitted is a joke mate. The belt is about £30, and it takes about 2 hours to fit. £150 is about the going rate id say form a local garage.

And as Jake said above - It is impossible to put the distributor on the wrong way round, it will ONLY fit ONE way onto the head.

Hope you get it sorted soon!

what is the part where the dizzy fits into the engine called as this spins when no dizzy is in when i turn the key

can this break ?

a camshaft :?i would take cam cover oft and timing cover oft and see if anything busted

may be dizzy inside broken as well!!

you have probbly lost timming now as well :( can be 180 deg out i think

sleep on it mate!!and get haynes manual or down load one ;)

180 deg a poss when changing the pick up on dizzy? i woz saying:lol:

also said remove belt cover to see if anything busted :idea: ie belt inspection :idea: also cam cover ! :roll:

as sounded like valve timing issue ;) and it was. :)

anyway hope you got it fixed mate.

£270 to get a belt fitted is a joke mate. The belt is about £30, and it takes about 2 hours to fit. £150 is about the going rate id say form a local garage.

And as Jake said above - It is impossible to put the distributor on the wrong way round, it will ONLY fit ONE way onto the head.

Hope you get it sorted soon!

it wa sput in wrongway round thats why the teeth snapped on dizzy and caused all the abov lol that wont happen again !

hooooray hoooray shes back on the road

1.the new dizzy defo sorted the error code 15

2.dont ever let a so called mechanic put the dizzy in wrong and start the engine

3.always listen to the guys on here they are great !!!

4.got timing belt done and she started first time i took her out yesterday all ok so it seems

5.THANKS SO MUCH GUYS !!!!!!

LOL CALLING MY CAR A SHE ! :)

Archived