new guy with civi areodeck vti cutout issues

markez78uk

like i said mate check the code as should tell you wats wrong then you can get the part and off you go

your a legend its givin 1 long 5 short (15)

ignition output signal

now the hard part what does that mean

top man cheers fella

also my battery seems to be nearly flat hope this helps

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

think its something to do with the dizzy check the plugs see if there is any lose wires etc

Wiring issue in the dizzy I'd say mate.

Does the Blk/Yel wire (in the dizzy connector)have power with key in Position ON(II)?

Does the Yel/Grn wire running between the dizzy and ECU have power? What voltage does this wire have at the dizzy with the key in ON(II)?

I'd bet one of those two!

Probably igniter in the dizzy or the main relay, that's what it normally is on our cars! Have a look in the manual mate, it will tell you what the fault code is and how to diagnose it!

I bet it's the distributor. Had a similar problem.
+1 but no ECU faults for me, depends what goes wrong in it - i didn't take the risk to replace just cap and rotor, I decided for an aftermarket GS-R one (TD-81U - 110eu shipped) and it instantly worked.

My symptoms were: stumbled in low revs when warm, very difficult to keep the engine from starving - nearly impossible to start up then, after 3000rpm it was going allright.

• 2 weeks later...

check the wiring on the plugs next to the distrbutor itself and with a multimeter check the feed. i had this problem with a b16 conversion i did and it was the ignitor at fault, i swapped it with one from a d15b7 and it worked fine ;) as said its a common problem. stuart

Archived