The bruise

wezza9

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks last few bit comeing together slowly happy when done

i just hope i kick Mr2 arse on sat :lol: well give him good run for his money least :roll::twisted:

if any one pops up give me a shout will take them out have spare lids just get there early

i got the car sorted every job done bar fitting plug leads cause they did not turn up :roll:

aintree trackday ready

the day started well with rain lol

the mr2 and my mb6 perfect match when just one up but when a passenger in big difference ( that bloody gear box :evil: )

the brakes WOW i forget how good the MINTEX "F" stuff pads are ( the lad with the mr2 was shocked he never had pads this good he had ds2500 in his itgr said rubbish to these )

handling was spot on i was told it looked ok loads of grip for what has been done to it . it works for me

the tyres worked well the track has 4 corners but hard to get right cause one is a double apex is not that good but it has one long straight i was reading 118 on sat nav

the day was run in sessions 10 min on track :roll:

my 2nd to last run nearly ended in a bad accident the bottom corner is a fast right sweeping one where the speedo was reading 85 mph and then there was a noise i pulled on to the inside of the track thinking the tyer had come of the rim and look what i found when i walk to the front passenger wheel :shock::o

After i got back in a quick swap around with the spare on to the drivers rear then out for the last session taking it easy and on my own that spare was not good :lol:

so now i have to work out why this has happened :?::?:(

i know mate the wheel will have flexed when they cracked

i always torque wheels up before i go on track mates take the p**s out of me doing it every time

so what reasons this could have happened ????

1 over tightened 100n/m = should have stripped the tread 1st

2 powder coating = top of the list due to info from people i know that some wheels have been known to go brittle after powder coating normally on thin spoked wheels

3 the wheel nuts backed of = scary thought but do not know why they would and i had checked before i went out that tight i had done 5 laps so not that long out and no noise on any other corner before the one when it went

4 the wheel touched caliper = 3mm spacer on i have done 2 trackdays in the car with them wheels on and the last owner had done 1 and a session on another day in it so not likly

5 bad wheel = its cracked and then flexed and it has done the rest of the damage

6 any other ideas ??????????????????

Archived