Resprayed Grill

stoatman

Hi all,

Not uploaded large pictures of my car yet , but been getting it up to scratch and currently getting some DC2 alloys powder coated. So , a teaser pic of thegrill I have just refurbished , blimey its harder that it looks to get a good finish. Sand , primer , sand , primer , sand , paint , paint , lacquer , lacquer , lacquer. Took longer than expected !. More pics when its properly clean and with the alloys !!.

IMG_0140_1.jpg

Cheers, am hoping the powder coaters can match the colour as close as possible with the grill. I'm off on holiday in it next week , hope it wont get too stone chipped straight away. Also got some new original honda badges for the rear too , to smarten that up.

• 2 weeks later...

So , I have finally got round to uploading some pics of the car. I wanted to do it now as I have a couple of things planned and wanted some before pictures. One thing I want to do is replace the rear badges so have bought the genuine Honda ones.

In the past two years I have spent a few quid on getting the car straight and have replaced parts perhaps where they could go on for a while longer. however I wanted the car to feel as fresh as possible but wanted a standard look. The car has had :

4 new dampers

MGZS Rear anti roll bar

Front Roll bar poly brushed

New thermostat

New cv joint

new rear and middle section of exhaust

Main rear bushes renewed

New set of tailored , colour coded mats

Grounding kit - some yet to be fitted.

Change of rear calipers - although am hoping to fit some fully refurbished ones soon.

Upgraded infinity front speakers (pain in the backside !)

Thats it as well as about five 4/5 services.

Its on about 130,000 now and still drives sweet !

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

looks clean mate, and like the grill! Someones got new jewlery!! Didnt know you could still get the aerodeck badges and honda ones new!

Not quite sure , i think it was about 15 quid. Not cheap , but it is from Honda so was expected.

Lings honda parts have prices on their website but they are often a little inflated compared to an actual dealer.

Archived