My 130i M-Sport - Look what she did! Shades needed!

johngreen537

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gone off. GOnna be wrote off I think.

Gutted. Story of my life at the min!

i only reread this now :roll: some people like .. hard luck john better you ware in the beamer id say

Cheers all.

The repair bill came back yesterday.... £6200. Ouch! Gonna be a write off. Now insurance joys of settlements etc :(

The guy driving the Pug has been prosecuted for Dangerous Driving too.

Its a bit mercenary, but you need to get down the doctors and complain of neck, shoulder and possibly back pain. Explain you were in a car accident. ^0mph is more than enough to give you whiplash, and if you have it ( ;) ) could get oyu a nice extra bit to make up for the pain of the accident.

Whiplash can be categorised as:

acute whiplash – where there is sudden hyperextension, hyperflexion or rotation of the neck that causes neck pain and other symptoms

chronic whiplash – where symptoms persist for more than six months after an acute whiplash injury and are characterised by a number of specific symptoms (see below)

Hyperextension and hyperflexion are where the tendons and ligaments of the neck are forcefully extended or flexed beyond their normal limits.

Following an accident, the symptoms of whiplash often take a while to develop. Any inflammation (swelling) and bruising that occurs in the neck muscles will not usually be evident at the time of the accident.

It may take 6–12 hours for the symptoms of whiplash to become apparent, and the neck pain and stiffness is often worse on the day after the injury. The pain may continue to worsen for several days afterwards.

The common symptoms of whiplash include:

neck pain and stiffness

neck swelling

tenderness along the back of the neck

reduced movement in the neck or loss of movement

headaches

Other symptoms of whiplash can include:

lower back pain

pain, numbness or paraesthesia (pins and needles) in the arms and hands

muscle spasms

dizziness

tiredness

difficulty swallowing (dysphagia)

blurred vision

vertigo – the sensation that you are moving or spinning while standing still

tinnitus – the perception of noise in one ear, both ears or inside the head

Following a whiplash injury, the symptoms of dizziness, headaches, blurred vision and problems with swallowing should only last a short while. Visit your GP if any of these persist.

Sometimes, whiplash can also cause:

memory loss

poor concentration

irritability

At the end of the day, some nobhead has inconvenienced him, written off a nice car (bar the pink), and I would be surprised at that speed if at least some of those symptoms havent been noticed, surely...hint hint lol

Nee nah, nee nah, nee nah.......................................................oops better go!

Just waiting on insurance at the min.

Won't claim, as I wasn't actually injured. I find it fundamentally wrong that people claim falsely, makes the genuine claims a mockery.

Not to mention that all our insurance bills would be 30% lower if everyone was honest.

To be fair, the car don't look awful, just boot, bumper, light and rear 1/4, and I will be buying it back.

The wheels alone are worth what the buy back figure is likely to be :)

Won't claim, as I wasn't actually injured. I find it fundamentally wrong that people claim falsely, makes the genuine claims a mockery.

Not to mention that all our insurance bills would be 30% lower if everyone was honest.

To be fair, the car don't look awful, just boot, bumper, light and rear 1/4, and I will be buying it back.

Sorry to hear about this mate. And good for you with the not making a false claim, i mean if you were hurt obviously it would be the right thing to do. But these days with the amount of people making false really annoys me, and all its doing is bumping insurance up. You still going to the dynodaze meet bud be good to catch up?

I would be surprised with a 60 mph impact that you dont have any potential signs.

I was really suggesting getting to the doctors and having yourself checked over at least. At least if something develops, you have had that done. I imagine developing the symptoims later, and not having been checked out, would make it near impossible to claim then, no matter how genuine.

Couldn't agree more, this is why we pay so much for insurance.

Bet the peugeot was fecked though.

Archived