Can you add 20 HP "Easily"

stoatman

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my vti is very healthy mate and ive got an s80 box in it.ever thought the atr's youve drove had probs instead?just look at power to weight mate.evo mag got an accord type r to 60 in 6.1.with all due respect mate i love my mb6 but it aint ever doin it in that time,even wiv an s80 box

yasar.have to disagree mate.you must of had a duff accord type r,cus ive had both and the atr would of pants my vti all day long.

had a minter facelift 2002 model!

my mates got a v-reg one and i get ahead pretty easily in my ep3..

It just about keeps up, very similiar in pace to vti mb6 i would say, maybe more top end after 3rd but thats silly speeds 90ish i think in the accord/mb6..

Obviously I have never owned an ATR but on paper they have at least 40 more horses standard and they are not a heavy car . I thought the VTI would have been thrashed , hence why I was planning on getting one. I am willing to be convinced otherwise though.

Accord:

2.2i Petrol 0-60 Top Speed BHP

2.2i TYPE-R 4d 6.7 s 141 mph 209 bhp

(212ps) @ 7,200 rpm and 164 lb·ft (222 N·m) @ 6,700 rpm

Civic:

1.8i Petrol 0-60 Top Speed BHP

1.8 VTi-S 5d 8.0 s 138 mph 166 bhp

Power: 169 hp (126 kW) @ 7600 rpm & 128 lb·ft (174 N·m) @ 6200 rpm

Just over a second quicker to 60..

Top of second gear, doubt there would be a huge difference til towards the end of 3rd when the accord would start to pull away as said earlier...

The accord to me felt floaty, and they drink petrol like an alcoholic in a free bar..

If we were talking 1980's fords I'd agree mate.

Manufacturing tolerances are so strict these days that you'd be lucky to see 2-3hp difference between two identical engines leaving the same factory.

After 50k miles tho, obviously ownership plays a big part, and how well they've been maintained, but generally Honda wise, a good service and it's back to near as damn it manufacturer specs.

My EP3 after 90k miles, 197.9 bhp, standard engine, powerflow exhaust, but same bore as OEM, so no power gains to be seen from it, just rasp.

With an S80 in an MB6, you should keep up with accords & EP3's easily I'd say!

Archived