Can you add 20 HP "Easily"

stoatman

Just a thought , I know the Honda engineers have done a pretty good job with the engine (B18C4). but I was just wondering how you would go about adding say about 20 HP. SOmetimes I feel like it could do with a little more shove and I dont really want to change the car. Are there any easy mods and how much do people think it could cost ??.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20 bhp will cost a fair bit. £1500-ish plus labour..

Straight through exhaust with de-cat 2.5" £200

Integra type-r Airbox with cold air feed. £50

Skunk 2 intake manifold with 68mm Throttle body £250

4-1 Exhaust manifold - Aftermarket or OEM like DC2 2.5 JDM one. £250-£500

Integra Type r Cams £175-£300

Chipped ECU with a remap, should give you 20 bhp and good raise in torque £120 for a chipped ecu - remap from £100-£300

The cheaper way is to add an aggresive gearbox like a s80.. The shorter revs will really make you feel like you've got more power and grunt! Coupled with a lighter flywheel/uprated clutch.. Still not cheap, cost you around £850 for parts plus labour - Box £350-£600, Clutch and flywheel £200-£500

Crikey , maybe i'll leave the old girl standard. Its still good to drive , i'll save up and put the £1500 and trade in and get an accord type r . Keep it in the family !

True enough you can never have too much. !. Got to love the accord's seats though . Thats pretty much the worst thing in my aerodeck , the seats are pants. Need to upgrade but I never realised seats can be so expensive and its hard to get rails that fit.

Archived