Main relay assembly

ryan..

Has anyone replaced one of these?

They found just above the drivers side kick pannel.

Ive spent this evening with an auto electrician trying to get my car started, thinking the problem was the alarm but it seems this is at fault. I want to replace it, any ideas on what Honda will charge or if anyone has a 2nd hand one which they can send me(for a price ofcourse)?

DSC_0061.jpg

ive been told they are prone to going on the rover 400 and 45's so it wont suprise me if m's have the same relay.

This is the only thing that got it started, by moving it/un plugging it and plugging it back in.

Ive looked at lings Honda price list and they sat £65 for one, I know its pricey and I really dont want to pay it but I want to make sure I get a new one so its defo working and I dont have to worry as to weather the car will start or not lol

• 1 month later...

Yeah they do go occasionally, but like said more common on older EG civics and concerto's, CRX's etc. Its a two part relay if I remember correctly, one side running the fuel pump and the other running the spark side of things.

Non start issues on M civics are normally the ignitor in the dizzy, (or any of the sensors in the dizzy or coil), or the main relay mate. Hope this helps.

Archived