My 1998 Silver MB6

Wongy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

List of to do's is..........

Paint the rocker cover (wrinkle red i think?)

Get my standard wheels, deal done on them, collecting at the weekend :)

Refurb the 17's,

Get a passenger mirror, this one's cracked round the outside

Gets some form of stereo in, thinking one of my sets of components up front (will they take 6.5's up front?) and a stealth build for one 10" sub.

6.5's yes but you will need to make your own baffle (goes without saying really tho)

Headunit isnt difficult but just awkward to get the cables in.

Gromit placed nicely by the battery for running power cable. When it comes through into the car you wont see it, just keep pushing it through till is appears in the footwell from the dash.

Running it throught the rest of the car is easy

Gimme a shout if you get stuck mate, i've had my vti-s apart more times than i can remember lol

Excellent, i did struggle with the headunit the other day, went to put my alpine in (9855r, so its got all the crap at the back of it, dc/dc converter etc) and just couldnt fit it in! going to have to modify something!

How bigs the grommet, i will probably run 4awg, as i think that's all this one will need :).

Whats the mounting depth like in the front doors for speakers, mine are fairly monsterous!

Excellent, i've got a run of 0awg here, but its only going to run a PG M50, and a PG zx200, so 4awg will be fine.

I'll take a look at your build thread for some idea's, thanks mate!

Just serviced it now, Millers xss 10w 40, Hamp oil filter, genuine fuel filter, Tegiwa magnetic sump plug and NGK Iridium DC2 plugs :)

DSCF4002-2.jpg

My noise maker, Japspeed induction kit

DSCF4003-2.jpg

And i gave the 'goose a good clean up

DSCF4004-2.jpg

Well, i've kind of got the Alpine head unit in, took a hacksaw blade to it and got most of it in, just won't push in far enough, there's something in the right hand side stopping it now, and i can't be bothered investigating now.

Ran 2 sets of RCA leads and an amp relay lead too, just ready for when something goes in.

Hid the Ipod controller behind the glovebox too :)

Archived