Polyurethane bushes

Guest MattMB6

I'm replacing the bushes on my MB6, but I'm not sure which brand to go for. The manufacturers websites that i've looked at (Superflex, Powerflex) don't specifically list the MB6, although they do have bushes for Rover 400/ MG 45. Will these bushes fit, and/or does anyone know a better brand or website to buy them from? I'm looking for mid-range price, medium stiffness if possible

Many thanks :)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, the powerflex get a good write up. I think the superflex are made by the same company tho?? When you do replace them, dont go mad replacing every single bush with a poly one, as it'll make the car just a bit too rigid.........fine for the track but not for the road. On saying that, i think the kit only replaces so many anyways ;)

Got superflex, mugen, hard race bushes on my MB. Been told by my mechanic that superflex is better than powerflex items, and he knows his stuff so thats the main reason i went for those.

heres what im running.

Front:

Superflex anti roll bar bush

Hardrace droplinks

Superflex front lower arm bushes

Spoon lower compliance bushes

Rear:

Mugen trailing arm bush

Superflex anti roll bar/ droplink bushes

And i think Energy rear lower arm bushes as i brought a spare set of lower arms with poly bushes already fitted for cheap price.

Im running coilovers aswell and in my opinion its not too hard at all. I use my car as a everyday car. and jsut did a 670 mile road trip to cornwall and back! its how you set the car up.

The MB6 being 10 years old now, id recommend changing them to some new items, the result was night and day when i first drove the car with new poly bushes. In my opinion theres no point in just adding power to a car if the chassis cant handle it, or use that power. Which is why most of the mods carried in my car is chassis related. Power is the last thing on my modding list

hope this helps

aye -spot on mate ;)

think i'm going to get a KW kit while I'm at it. The prospect of driving something that feels like a new car again is quite tempting...

many thanks

• 1 month later...

Blames you sound like you know your stuff. I'm planning on getting a new suspension kit this winter for my 1.8 Aerodeck, and also thought about getting powerflex bushes installed on the same go. I'm still undecided if i should:

a) buy a complete kit and change all

B) buy separately and only install bushes that are a good idea to install on the same go with the new suspension kit

In case of b, which ones should i order? My car is for sporty everyday use and in the future for occasional track days.

• 8 months later...

I've been running into a few issues trying to source the right bushes - would really appreciate if anyone can tell me which ones to get for my MC2. Most kits or single bushes I've seen are stated as fitting an EK or Si etc.

I've contacted three places so far that sell the energy kits & even energy themselves can't tell me which kit i need!

Archived