aerodeck update...thanks johngreen lol

G4VSA

id check the earths for the fogs,my fogs on my old coupe went,and turned out to be a bad earth

Even if I used the oem wiring from original fogs?

id check the earths for the fogs,my fogs on my old coupe went,and turned out to be a bad earth

+1

I had similar problems on all the VW's I've had over the years blowing fog lights & tail lights. New earth lead sorted it every time.

looking good mate.

Cool, if u do find something let us know. Car looks soooo much cleaner without them 8-)

Yea it also makes car look lower without them, plus it must produce less drag n less weight so better mpg lol

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeap

First thing you could try is check the fog light plugs for any signs of corrosion/damage. I've found Honda plugs to be pretty good but there could be some crud in there - especially given they are right in the line of fire so to speak. If they look good, just rig up a separate earth and test it, providing there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the rest of the wiring it'll prove the earth lead is the issue. I had to do it on my brand new VW Bora a few weeks after I picked it up! It kept blowing tail light bulbs, then fog lights. I fitted a new earth lead from the lights into the boot and sorted it.

Yeap

First thing you could try is check the fog light plugs for any signs of corrosion/damage. I've found Honda plugs to be pretty good but there could be some crud in there - especially given they are right in the line of fire so to speak. If they look good, just rig up a separate earth and test it, providing there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the rest of the wiring it'll prove the earth lead is the issue. I had to do it on my brand new VW Bora a few weeks after I picked it up! It kept blowing tail light bulbs, then fog lights. I fitted a new earth lead from the lights into the boot and sorted it.

Cheers Dave ill give that a go and see if that solves the prob,hopefully it'll work.

• 2 weeks later...

No, yours looks like a minter. Mine is just a budget build, plus the paint job on mine isnt that great (lack of care from previous owners)

the ek9 lights works really well on the silver!!!

cant see some of the pics lastnight but seen them today. looks Great 8-)

Yea I noticed that some had gone so I put them back up.

Yea surprisingly the paint on mine is in really good condition.

Mine is only budget build, always seeing things I want but not always got money for them :(

The lights make such a visual difference being dark instead of Chrome and no Orange bit.

Nothin really new just some piccies taken while we had day out with kiddies.yea she dirty but gonna give her good wash tomorrow before I start her service.

Oh and the Chrome bit on boot is in my garage as I have painted it.

26thaug11130.jpg

26thaug11131.jpg

26thaug11129.jpg

26thaug11128.jpg

26thaug11127.jpg

Exhaust is being changed as I have an mg zs on the way cos the one on there now is tooooo big and as I'm not 17 anymore I don't wanna look silly.

Archived