mg zs arb wont fit

grahamer

well guys im wondering if anyone can help me out i picked up an arb for me deck today but it wont fit its hitting the exhaust it came of a 02 mg zs

has anyone ever had this problem before and if so how did ye sort it out cheers

:?:?:?

hi graham.

yes, I had the same problem on my deck. I managed to get it fitted but the exhaust was rattling on it because it was resting on it.

I've got a powerflow back box, so i took it back and they made a different hanger for the exhaust to keep it out of the way.

another user had the same problem but i think he got around it by using some plates between the brackets and the chassis to get the arb out of the way.

btw... don't worry about the droplinks... the deck doesn't have any at the rear as standard. :)

edit:

this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=6451

drop the exhaust first.fit the arb then fit the exhaust and try adjust it. could you not drill a hole in the rubber which would bring it up slightly

cheers guys

ye i have the mg drop links as i just took the whole lot of the car in the breakers yard .ill get one of the lads to sort the hanger out so cause as im brutal at welding if i tried i end up needing a whole new exhaust:) and ill also drill the whole in the rubber just to be sure . 1"£££$££"!!

• 2 weeks later...
cheers guys

ye i have the mg drop links as i just took the whole lot of the car in the breakers yard .ill get one of the lads to sort the hanger out so cause as im brutal at welding if i tried i end up needing a whole new exhaust:) and ill also drill the whole in the rubber just to be sure . 1"£££$££"!!

I had the same issue. I had the local Powerflow guys drop the exhaust and we fitted the new ARB. They then put it all back on with a new section of pipe in the back box. A few pound notes and it was all good and loads of room all around. See my post here:

http://www.civic5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7494#p76638

• 1 month later...

This was a problem with mine; I've got a custom catback system done by Cobra (Exhausts UK in Sheffield). I only blummin wish I'd fitted the rear ARB before taking it to them as I'd never'd had the issue. To fit the arb, I had to cut one of the back box mounts & re-weld on a somewhat 'innovative' new mounting bar. Least to say, I wouldn't expect my 25 year guarantee to hold after that :(

Archived