P30 H-tune socketed ECU with datalogging USB

weetec

As i already said i have been talking to scott at h-tune and i have had 2 of his maps off him to test on the rollers . both maps made no top end power gains but they are 20 bhp up mid range and well up mid range on torque . 4500 rpm to 6500 rpm . over the standard map .

I ran those maps without iab's to test that for you and you end up with a flat spot up to 4500 rpm where the iab's should be closed but that could be mapped out .so you loose power up to 4500 rpm and make power after 4500 rpm to 6500 rpm over the standard map that is .

Rich.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As i already said i have been talking to scott at h-tune and i have had 2 of his maps off him to test on the rollers . both maps made no top end power gains but they are 20 bhp up mid range and well up mid range on torque . 4500 rpm to 6500 rpm . over the standard map .

I ran those maps without iab's to test that for you and you end up with a flat spot up to 4500 rpm where the iab's should be closed but that could be mapped out .so you loose power up to 4500 rpm and make power after 4500 rpm to 6500 rpm over the standard map that is .

Rich.

that would make scene i thought i was losing power didnt realise could be mapped out

you just have to map the car with the iab's open right from the start , and kick vtec in at 5800 rpm for the punch you get from the other vtec engines , when i get more mapping time ill keep you up to date . Rich.

defo get the punch...got my ECU and wow...i think the power is probably the same due to it not being mapped as its a standard B18C4 map but holy moly...what a difference....the GSR map in my opinion is a placebo...i tried this chip too and did not do anything special...best £165 quid i ever spent...rich, when u start tuning???...cant wait to have it re-mapped...Scotts service is awesome...he responds as soon as he can....im surprised weve not heard much of him. will post a before and after vid soon.

I have all my set up now , i had the weekend just gone for testing of all that equipment , im just trying to sort out datalogging ,which is a pain in the a*s . once i have that up and running , im going to map my brothers car ( this weekend im hoping if all goes to plan ) and after that its all go . Scott is a great guy and he is good for getting the ecu socketed and repaired if needed and he knows his stuff there for sure , but he does not wright his own maps ,he gets them from a friend that only does road mapping , to get the most out of any car you have to have it done on rolling road , That way you can over lay the work you are doing over the top of the standard map and prove the gains , and i can hold stages of rpm's for as long as i want to get the sells of the map spot on , you cannot do that on the road .

Rich.

could you become an htune dealer ??? or has anyo ne got a number to ring him on?? this hike in midrange punch sounds good to me!!

Why do i want to become a h-tune dealer :D Ill be wrighting my own files not like scott . Do you have a socketed ecu in your car , and have chrome software , if you do i can send you the bin file for scotts map . save you paying for it . Ill have a proper map soon . Rich.

I had some time on themap saturady and i have got the fueling about there , i just need to work on the timing , ithard to get a full day on it which is what i need really . Ill be back on it this week so ill keep you posted . Rich.

Archived