your opinions on this manifold please :)

ep82

cheers si, for the pics.

soooo. got a R-tarded question to ask now.... :oops:

Will a 2.5 collector (the mani from the ebay link on 1st post) fit straight onto the OEM cat?.... 2" to 2.5"?? if it doesnt then is that mean I need to buy a adjustable de-cat?? ALSO.... my cat back exhaust is made to fit the OEM cat. so is that mean the joine from the exhaust to cat is also 2"?

Doea this mean I will need to buy a de-cat with 1 end 2" and the other end 2.5"?? why cant they make mani's so it's a direct fit to M civic :evil: (without costing a fortune)

sorry for the noob question. but this is the first honda which I am buying a manifold for.

the mani in the first has a 2.25 collector lol i would say it should fit on to your cat. but as i said b4 it might be to short so you will have to buy adjustable decat anyway. but you might be lucky and it will be the right length

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh my bad. thought I saw 2.5" :oops: theres too many figures lol.

cool. might try it then. but, if I do need a decat. then will I need to find one which is 2" one end and 2.25" the other end? or will a 2" decat fit both ends? I am just worried about the flange not lining up as one is bigger than the other. Or will the flange be the same size and just the hole be different size?

So just to make things simple for me. will this setup fit my car. ebay mani from my link, tegiwa 2" decat and my longlife cat back exhaust

i think its only the pipe which is 2.25 mate plus its a triangle which joins your catback. when you get your mani if you find its too short just make sure it fits on to your cat and then order decat same size as cat. or lengthen mani

well. I dont think I can lengthen it anymore.

My local welder which is good and does s/s has gone. no idea where he is gone too but the shop is shut now. I phoned longlife who did my exhaust and they wanted £50 labour to fit the mani and around £45 for extending it. they said they wont want to extend it if it's not on the car.

I think it will be cheaper to decat but that just means it's going to be WAY too loud for my child, this means I have to spend anthoer £30 for a bung :(

To be honest, I dont see the point in getting a performance manifold if you are not going to decat. All that gain from the mani just to restrict it again when it comes to the cat...

You could buy the silenced decat from funkypower. Its £80 though. http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.p ... oduct=4204

Archived