your opinions on this manifold please :)

ep82

Thanks for the info Adam. do you think it's ok to get a welder to extend the pipe? maybe by the collector? do you think this is a good idea? I just dont want a decat. oh and do you remember which one you bought? and a link?

Simon. thanks for the offer. can you measure the size of the collector?? as I need to know if this one on ebay will fit on the cat. Thank you :D

yeah can get someone to weld it make sure you take it to someone who welds s/s. think mine was toyo sports i brought it off a guy on this forum. hopefully i will be getting mine this month or next but i am going for 4-1

huh? so do you already have a 4-2-1 on yours? I thought you said you have a OEM one :?: I'm after the 4-2-1 as I dont want the flat 4 sound.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just the best it seems for low- mid range and expect drivability for b engines with street use for track would be 4-1 as max rev is used all the time you can pay 1k for a blackworks 4-2-2-1 origonal google best try-y honda.

right.. just been and done some measuring and the end of the collector is a 2" internal diameter wrt the connection to the cat....

BUT... there seems to be a sleeve inside the collector that reduces the diameter down to about 1 & 3/4"!

do not remember seeing that on my dc2 one!

edit:

forgot to add pics... :roll:

20110723_005b.jpg

explains the difference in noise.... that's for sure!

feel the need to take the dc2 one off and do some propper comparisons!

:?::idea:

mine cost a lot less than that one though... :D;) 1"£££$££"!!

Thanks for the info Adam. do you think it's ok to get a welder to extend the pipe? maybe by the collector? do you think this is a good idea? I just dont want a decat. oh and do you remember which one you bought? and a link?

Simon. thanks for the offer. can you measure the size of the collector?? as I need to know if this one on ebay will fit on the cat. Thank you :D

yeah can get someone to weld it make sure you take it to someone who welds s/s. think mine was toyo sports i brought it off a guy on this forum. hopefully i will be getting mine this month or next but i am going for 4-1

huh? so do you already have a 4-2-1 on yours? I thought you said you have a OEM one :?: I'm after the 4-2-1 as I dont want the flat 4 sound.

i use to have 4-2-1 one on my vtis only standard on my mc2

cheers si, for the pics.

soooo. got a R-tarded question to ask now.... :oops:

Will a 2.5 collector (the mani from the ebay link on 1st post) fit straight onto the OEM cat?.... 2" to 2.5"?? if it doesnt then is that mean I need to buy a adjustable de-cat?? ALSO.... my cat back exhaust is made to fit the OEM cat. so is that mean the joine from the exhaust to cat is also 2"?

Doea this mean I will need to buy a de-cat with 1 end 2" and the other end 2.5"?? why cant they make mani's so it's a direct fit to M civic :evil: (without costing a fortune)

sorry for the noob question. but this is the first honda which I am buying a manifold for.

Archived