Freak wagon build

FREAKBOY

Questions are what the site is for and I like to help where I can.

You don't need an oil cooler and you could always get a quiet BOV or use a plumb back system. As for the intercooler it all depends on the project, but if you aren't going for a high boosting drag car then i'd say use 2 or 2.25 inch bore. Bigger intercoolers cool the boosted air better but they take longer to reach pressure because of their volume. Smaller ones do a good job too but it takes less time to pressurise system and the pipework is less bulky. You've also got to allow for pipes and couplings on the ends of the intercooler too so your main issue may be the restriction in the width of space available in the front end. You need to choose the route of your pipework before buying the I/C.

Have you still got air-con? If so it's 95% likely that you'll need to say goodbye to it due to the position of the compressor.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i quit like the fluttering sound ;) ye will probably be run at low pressure at the minute.

ye air con is still in, i still need to take it out at some point when i can be bothered lol

would it help to get an oil cooler?

An oil cooler isn't a bad thing they're just a pain in the rear to fit and get leak free. I got fed up with mine so I took it off. The prob I had with mine was that I couldn't get a sandwich plate to go on due to space restrictions for the pipes so I had to opt for a filter relocation kit and incorporate the oil cooler into that. It was just leak after leak. I didn't notice any difference in temps after removal.

I got my turbo new from ebay for about £150 and they're still there. It's a copy but it's been on for 2 years without trouble, it's a simple straight T3 with A/R of .42/.48. It suits the motor well. If you take a turbo from another car you'll have the advantage of knowing where to find others if it fails. Personally I think a new copy is much better than a used OE item, but that's just me.

ye atleast if you know you buy new its guna be new and will have some expectancy on it, rather than a used one which would have 1 month or 3 years out of it :/