My new MC2...Updated finally

domandmel

cheers for the comment guys!

i have checked with the seller about them being for standard wheels, he said they are fine, and he has been using them on his standard wheels for ages.

i think i gonna go for some springs from ultimate styling.....35mm all round. i was watching a set of MGZS shocks and springs on ebay, but they went for loads......i seem to miss out on the bargains!!

i will keep it all up to date as and when i can.

cheers guys

Dom

• 3 weeks later...

right, havent been on her to update for a while, been on holiday and sorting out the work rally car.

before i went away, and one of my last posts, i mentioned i was just waiting for my new gear knob to turn up......and it did just before i went away. and OH MY GOD what a steal off eaby! genuine EK9, never been used (only fitted) was like out of a box and i got it for £15!!!!! :D i never get deals like that off ebay!

tattoobutandcere007.jpg

tattoobutandcere009.jpg

tattoobutandcere010.jpg

tattoobutandcere014.jpg

anyway, chuffed to bits with my new purchase, i set about sorting the gear gaitor and knob combo.

first up, removing the trim and gearknob everyone knows how im sure, unscrew knob, yank up trim

tattoobutandcere011.jpg

then i removed the old gaitor by simply removing the old staples. once off just transfer the old collar and rubber band to the new one in a similar sort of place. (i did it inside out to make life a bit easier). when i said I did it, i meant my missus ;)

tattoobutandcere015.jpg

so once all that was sorted, it was a case of working out how to reattach it to the plastic surroung under the trim panel. normal staples dont go through it, so resorted to a couple of screws to hold it all together.

tattoobutandcere022.jpg

tattoobutandcere021.jpg

you cant tell once its all back together!

so there we go, one new gaitor and knob, i have already fitted it into the car, just dont have any pics yet. will get some up soon

tattoobutandcere019.jpg

but must say, the new knob has made shifting much more pleasurable!!

now, to sort out some springs!!!!! :shock:

cheers for looking guys

all commment welcome as always

8-) strange got the long overdue nut for mine today,£1.98+vat amazed how cheep it was, nice n shinney black chrome .the knobs are made of titanium very hard material :) they feel great and well weighted good bargan

ccciir33mkjjf home from your hols 8-)

the wife looks happy :)