My new MC2...Updated finally

domandmel

i haveint watched it yet saving it foe later

iv bean reading a load on polishing/detailing and as far as i read is its just time consuming even with a machine poliher

less is more

theres so much to get

1 car shampoo

2 clay bar

3 polish set ( midium, fine, finishing )

4 wax

5 quick detailer

6 machine polisher ( optional )

i haveint watched it yet saving it foe later

iv bean reading a load on polishing/detailing and as far as i read is its just time consuming even with a machine poliher

less is more

theres so much to get

1 car shampoo

2 clay bar

3 polish set ( midium, fine, finishing )

4 wax

5 quick detailer

6 machine polisher ( optional )

i would recommend all the megs stuff that i have used tbh mate. just get yourself a lambswool wash mitt, polish applicator pads (3-4), waffle weave drying towel, soft polish removing cloths(2-3 cant remember what megs call them)

i have a big box to keep all my stuff in!

JUst thought I would post a quick pic of my "stuff", not all of it but the good stuff :

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

I use stage 1 and stage 2 of the Meguairs paint system but have not bought stage 3 as I use P21s carnuba wax and I think for the money its difficult to beat. ALso you can see the quick detailer which is awesome , aerospace protectant which is good for seals etc. I also have meguairs swirl remover which is a bit more "cutting" than the normal polish, also in there is sonax shampoo. This stuff is also brilliant but I must admit I spend most of my initial time down the jetwash. Also in the second pic is the Das-6 beast itself.

Yep really easy, start of slow and increase speed of machine gradually. Oh and remember to put the machine onto surface before starting it otherwise the polish sprays everyware !. Am just a beginner myself to be honest.

I have a das 6 too, funny when it sprays the Polish until it hits you in the face lol. You soon get used to the machine and its easy to use and you can see the difference! All the cars I have used it on over the last few years still look good today. I have went through a few sets of pads too. I want to do mine again before the winter if I can.

• 3 weeks later...

right, bit of an update.....not been on here for ages, but i have been splashing some cash on the old girl :D

first up, i reckon she needs a bit of a service, so got hold of some Motul oil and a hamp filter

randomandcarbits012.jpg

i am also going to change the cambelt and tensioner

randomandcarbits011.jpg

the dizzy cap currently fitted to the `deck has got a crack in it, so got hold of one and a new rotor

randomandcarbits010.jpg

and also a rocker gasket, seeing as tho its got to come off for the cambelt change

randomandcarbits014.jpg

all these bits i got from www.japserviceparts.com, amazing service from these guys and awesome prices. 1"£££$££"!!

now for the blingy stuff!

first up some silvertec bulbs (for when i dechrome the headlights)

randomandcarbits008.jpg

some paint, wrinkle for the rocker and black for the headlights and other stuff

randomandcarbits015.jpg

randomandcarbits016.jpg

a new gear gaitor

randomandcarbits009.jpg

HEL brake lines from www.brake-lines.co.uk

randomandcarbits007.jpg

and last but not least, some shiney new wheel nuts! they look awesome in the flesh, really light too, should bling up the wheels some what :D

randomandcarbits003.jpg

randomandcarbits004.jpg

randomandcarbits006.jpg

i will get some progress pics and finished pics as and when i can, going on holiday soon so will probably do after then. just waiting for my type r gear knob and to order my new springs.

all comments welcome guys

Dom